HTC 2150 + Dremel + VZW Red Case

rugbyua9

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Well, I'm not a dentist, but I did a pretty good job, if I do say so myself... Still wouldn't attempt to fix anyone's teeth though... Anyhoo... Here is my mod of the combo case/holster from VZW... Also, so far, I took the phone off the charger at 1:22PM... It is now 3:16PM and I've sent a bunch of texts, taken a few pics, and updated Touiteur a few times... The battery widget still says 100%...

First 2 are in the holster... The rest are out of the holster...

CRKhead... what battery widget do you use?

ch2423

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Although my effort doesn't look nearly as nice or professional as yours, I got similar results using a pair of scissors and my Verizon black silicone case. Since the back of the case has the same raised ridges of the phone, I knew right where to cut.

It's by no means perfect, but I now get all day battery life and the phone is protected.

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Although my effort doesn't look nearly as nice or professional as yours, I got similar results using a pair of scissors and my Verizon black silicone case. Since the back of the case has the same raised ridges of the phone, I knew right where to cut.

It's by no means perfect, but I now get all day battery life and the phone is protected.

I did the same exact same thing with my silicone case. It's really difficult in getting a clean straight cut on the silicone case.

drPheta

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
First charge and the battery lasted 28hr and 36min until 14% battery was left (when the phone notifies me to charge it).

Wifi, GPS always on
Screen brightness automatic
SportsTap updating
Gmail, Google Voice, Two email accounts on HTC Mail
Spent about total of 4 hours on the speakerphone with my gf, another 90 minutes or so using the phone with the ear piece.
Random web browsing, etc. Downloading apps, emailing, Wifi connected from 8am-5pm first day, and 8am-11am 2nd day.

That's impressive. What's more impressive is ran the phone another 5 hours without charging it, and the phone went down to 10%. At this point, I got home and began charging the phone.

This is a seriously good battery to have for a power user.

testcellchris

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I got my HTC 2150mAH battery today from VZW. It's HUGE, but I've been thinking about how to make it more streamlined since I heard about it. Enter my dremel work.

Dremel out the rear of the VZW snap case to match the bulge on the new battery door. Sand it down smooth, and here you have it. It's pretty nice feeling, and it doesn't bulge out too much. It's still bulkier than before, however if you had a protective case already it isn't much of a difference.

Now, my phone looks good and holds a charge longer.

View attachment 1503

View attachment 1504

View attachment 1507

View attachment 1505

View attachment 1506

Thank you! Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Go here:

Thread (All about Incredible batteries (Replacements, Charging..etc) page 47 post #463. I did this a long time ago with my Tour and already explained this method. I am excited to see that the idea caught on! Cheers mate! ;) BTW, I have already done this modification on three rubberized Incredible cases that slide out of the clip/holster from VZW. All ya have to do is use the highest raised portion of the layers on the case as the guide to route out with the Dremel. Mine fits like its OEM! YAY

Last edited:

CRKhead

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I guess drPheta and I need to tag our pictures "Copyright Ping-Pong" now?

OK, Terrific!

Anyhoo...

That's impressive. What's more impressive is ran the phone another 5 hours without charging it, and the phone went down to 10%. At this point, I got home and began charging the phone.

This is a seriously good battery to have for a power user.

Dammit... I plugged it in as soon as it said to... I should've left it off for a while longer, just to cycle it more thoroughly...

drPheta

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
ping pong, this is my first Android device and didn't even know you had done this before. Awesome, great minds think alike!

moonnite

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
well i was thinking of cutting my silcone cover for the battery partly to raise the smaller section to the battery size and partly cause i want extended battery but i dont want to give up cover for the corners and more importently a lip on the edge around the screen

i must say pics of your project look nice and i'm considering getting hard case and extended battery after see'ing this, thanks :)

CRKhead

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I was reporting in the other 2150 thread to keep them to one thread, however, today I don't think I'm getting the same performance... It's still a ton better than the stock, but there is a difference from charge 1...

Charge 1 was done as soon as the new battery was put in the phone. I left the phone off after putting in the battery and charged until green... Stayed at 100% for quite a while. and ran for around 27 hours before I got the Charge indicator at 14%.

Charge 2 was last night with phone powered on... As soon as I took the phone off the charger, it was at 95% even though I had a green light. I plugged he phone back in and it charged until 100% after about 15 minutes, but the battery percentage strated steadily decreasing instead of hovering at 100% like yesterday. I'm now at 6 Hours 20 mins since unplugged and I have 66% left... However my battery stats are different and I haven't really used the phone differently than yesterday...

Android System 29%
Cell Standby 19%
Wi-Fi 19%
Phone Idle 13%
Display 9%
Camera 3%
Voice Calls 3%
Robo Defense 3%
Android OS 2%

testcellchris

May 5, 2010
Visit site
ping pong, this is my first Android device and didn't even know you had done this before. Awesome, great minds think alike!

Yes they do my friend, yes they do... I have the 2150 now and I just pre-ordered the Seidio 3500. It looks like the 3500 will fit under the 2150 door. How cool would that be. The 2150 is 2x thicker than the 1300. The seidio 1750 was the same thickness as the 1300. So, I'm banking that the 3500 will be the same thickness as the 2150. My fingers are crossed. I may call seidio and get the battery size and confirm. Right now seidio has 10% off and free shipping for Dads Day. Approx $61 to the door. If it doesn't fit I may return it. This phone has become more expensive than 2 x-wives. OUCH! (promo code is DAD10) ;)

makya53

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Yes they do my friend, yes they do... I have the 2150 now and I just pre-ordered the Seidio 3500. It looks like the 3500 will fit under the 2150 door. How cool would that be. The 2150 is 2x thicker than the 1300. The seidio 1750 was the same thickness as the 1300. So, I'm banking that the 3500 will be the same thickness as the 2150. My fingers are crossed. I may call seidio and get the battery size and confirm. Right now seidio has 10% off and free shipping for Dads Day. Approx $61 to the door. If it doesn't fit I may return it. This phone has become more expensive than 2 x-wives. OUCH! (promo code is DAD10) ;)
But unlike your x wifes you could spend all day with this phone and still want to touch it the next day..well worth the $~

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

testcellchris

May 5, 2010
Visit site
OK, I was just told by seidio (online chat) that the 3500mAh Incredible battery is as thick as stacking 2 stock batteries together. YES!!! The 2150 Door should work without a doubt! Happy Dad's Day to me!