Attention Seidio Battery Users/Prospective buyers

cdolan22

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Just saw this thread over on the Evo forum. Definitely an interesting read about the real # of mAh in the extended batteries seidio sells.
http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g/14159-looks-bad-3rd-party-batteries.html#post126836
Summary:
The website in the link from the OP shows some tests that he did on the power of a bunch of batteries including OEM, Seidio, and DCMugen from eBay. The OEM batteries tested from 96-99%, which is really good. The Seidio batteries on the other hand tested awfully, around 80% at best.
SO the seidio 3500mAh battery is really only around 2800 mAh and the 1750 is only around 1400. 1400 is 100 more than what came with the phones original battery, yet seidio charges 50 dollars for it. $50 for 100 mAh... quite a ripoff.
I myself do not use or find the need for another battery, but I just wanted to let you people know this now since the $70 "3500" extended battery is shipping this week and there is really no reason to pay for 100% of a product that you only get 80% of.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Repost. And I wouldn't call what he claims exactly point proving. He only tested one battery from Seidio in each group. All I gotta say is going from the 1300 stock (6 hours) to the 1750 (10-12 hours) was well worth my $41.......people with the 2150 are reporting anywhere from 13-30 hours on their batteries so I wouldn't go by one websites research with a handful of batteries. Each to his own.

Read into this too maybe it's more to the point I'm not conveying here.

http://androidforums.com/htc-incredible/68283-truth-about-incredible-battery-3.html

Last edited:

cdolan22

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Repost. And I wouldn't call what he claims exactly point proving. He only tested one battery from Seidio in each group. All I gotta say is going from the 1300 stock (6 hours) to the 1750 (10-12 hours) was well worth my $41.......people with the 2150 are reporting anywhere from 13-30 hours on their batteries so I wouldn't go by one websites research with a handful of batteries. Each to his own.

Read into this too maybe it's more to the point I'm not conveying here.

The Truth About The Incredible Battery - Page 3 - Android Forums

I definitely do see what you are saying about testing only one battery in the group, but out of the 3 Seidio batts, 80% was about normal. The OEM batteries were all over 95%. If the battery works for you then that is awesome. I was not saying do not get a battery from them, but maybe another brand may be more bang for your buck.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah but the thing you also fail to notice that the "batteryboss" is they were not all new batteries either. It's batteries people sent him they had been previously using and we have no clue how they were treated etc. previous to testing. Also one other thing to point out is he never speaks of normalizing for testing.

Another link:
Chapter 13: Making Battery Quick-Test Feasible

The readings are affected by various battery conditions, which cannot always be controlled. For example, a fully charged battery that has just been removed from the charger shows a higher impedance reading than one that has rested for a few hours after charge. The elevated impedance is due to the increased interfacial resistance present after charging. Allowing the battery to rest for an hour or two will normalize the battery. Temperature also affects the readings. In addition, the chemistry, the number of cells connected in series and the rating of a battery influence the results. Many batteries also contain a protection circuit that further distorts the readings.

So we aren't sure how he is doing the testing. When he is doing his testing. The condition of the batteries before. A valid testing sample. Did he normalize his batteries. How accurate is the testing procedure he is using.Is he testing them within the range of actual phone/battery consumption because his testing rig can pull up to 125Watts under 3500maH. There is just so much he doesn't cover it's hard to take him seriously. It's easy for anyone to plug and play a battery testing scenario and get bad results. Just my take on things.

As I've said multiple times on this site, sure use his results as ANOTHER metric to decide which way you should go but do not use them as the end all be all of battery testing for manufactures.

IncrediBill

May 23, 2010
Visit site
That guy is an idiot. His results are statistically not acceptable (a sample size of one for each battery?). Additionally, he had online friends send him batteries to test. He did not normalize for use. They all have different wear and tear on them, some of them could have been treated poorly, but that does not stop the BatteryBoss. That dolt just kept going in the name of consumer knowledge, all the while publishing useless information that has no merit and in fact may be totally incorrect. My God I want to smack him.

The Truth About The Incredible Battery - Page 3 - Android Forums

Heh heh heh...:D

Somebody needs to lock this thread, it's a waste of bandwidth.

nightfishing#AC

May 3, 2010
Visit site
The Seido 1750 is a must have for all smartphone users IMHO. It is the difference , for me, between cruising thru dinner instead of swapping batteries at 4 pm.

Was similar on my BB.

As been mentioned, science is not a strength of the gentleman who did those tests.

bigslam123

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I use the Seido battery and I get a whole lot more use than an extra 100mah could possible provide. I easily make it through the day on the Seido battery, when I coulnd't on the HTC OEM battery.

slinky317

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
Even with the Seidio battery, I still can't get it to charge to 100% and stay there after unplugging. The only way that I can do it is if I do the bump charging method, which is something that I can't do every day. Even charging with the phone off (which is something I can do since I use my phone as a primary number) doesn't work. It always immediately decreases to around 93% right after taking it off the charger.

bigslam123

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I have been off the charger for about 2.5 hours and I am still at 100%. Not sure why yours drops off immediately. I use the AC adapter to charge. If you are using the USB method then that may be why. USB is kind of like using a car charger. It never fully charges the device, in order to protect it from a surge.

IncrediBill

May 23, 2010
Visit site
whoa buddy just trying to help out, i apologize for it. I'll just shut up next time.

Sorry, didn't mean to come off as sounding personal. It's just that there have been multiple threads using this site as conclusive.

The quote I posted there was from the thread linked by Qazme. It brought some pointed clarity to the "batteryboss" methodology and while I wouldn't have put it quite that way myself it beared repeating, and it made me chuckle...:D

slinky317

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
This is interesting... I found this suggestion from here:

Another way to make sure that your Droid Incredible is overflowing with electric juice is to open the Desktop Clock app before charging the phone. Hit the back button to get to the more detailed part of the application and then plug in the phone. At the bottom right will be a reading that shows you the percentage of the battery that has been charged, but more importantly, doing this allows the device's battery to get fully charged.

I have never heard of that or thought it would matter. Does that really change how the battery is charged?

Mark_Venture

Oct 30, 2009
mark.cdmaforums.com
Even with the Seidio battery, I still can't get it to charge to 100% and stay there after unplugging. The only way that I can do it is if I do the bump charging method, which is something that I can't do every day. Even charging with the phone off (which is something I can do since I use my phone as a primary number) doesn't work. It always immediately decreases to around 93% right after taking it off the charger.
by saying "even with the Seidio..." I'm assuming you have the same results with the Seidio and Stock batteries.. leaving the Phone and charger as the only constants. that would lead me to believe its the phone or charger.

With the phone off, charge it to the green light, unplug, power on, I don't see an immediate drop, but it does last less considerably less time before I see the "low battery" warning than if I do the power off/charge/green light/unplug/replug/amber light/leave until green, and repeat... (this happens with both the Seidio and stock batteries).

rader023

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Same results with the Seidio battery here. Definately lasts a lot longer than the stock battery does.

Exactly. Common sense and real world usage tells me that either the stock htc is way under 1350 or the seidio is closer to 1750 than that study suggests. Battery life is WAY better since I changed batteries. Its not even close.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney