BB charge/sync cable

makya53

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I just wanted to see if anyone is getting the same results. I was bump charging my incredible with the oem charger with my 2150mHz battery and almost getting through the day. The past two days I woke up and unplugged my phone and plugging it into my BB sync/charge cable in my office hooked up through my computer. The results for me are great getting through the whole day and still having 30% or so left.

I'm a hard user wifi, bluetooth and allot of gps all day. For about an hour and a half I stream pandora @ the gym and talk for a few hours a day. I wonder if its a different charge rate or what? It works for me great if it keeps it up I wont have to hook up the seidio 3500 I have on order.

Mark_Venture

Oct 30, 2009
mark.cdmaforums.com
So you're saying that using the MicroUSB cable from your blackberry, connected to the USB Port on your computer is giving you better charging results than using the HTC supplied power adapter?

Interesting.

yes, the charge rate for USB is lower. USB is typically 500mA or 550mA, where as the HTC charger is 1A (or 1000mA).

I rarely charge via USB because it takes too long to get a full charge. I generally use RIM's 750mA chargers for my BB, or Moto 750mA and 850ma chargers.

makya53

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Yes, it takes a good hour to bring it up to 100%, I got the time in the morning getting ready and such. I'm @ 92% now (up almost 4 hours). This makes me very happy, I just wish I would have tried this with my 1750 to see how long I could get out of it.

CRKhead

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm curious if the included USB cable with the Incredible is lacking a wire that may be in the BB USB cable or any other Micro USB cable... Possibly that could be why the phone doesn't run off the external power supply once the charge cycle is complete? Just a thought...

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
No its not micro-usb is a standard so they all have the same pin outs for power etc. The only difference would be if the inverter in the BB charger pushed more power through like mark elided to above. The stock stuff is .5 amp through usb and 1 amp through the wall. I think the phone not working off the wall power until unplugged is just a phone design limitation. Go figure, I've used my BB and Android stuff and see the same results for the most part.

makya53

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
No its not micro-usb is a standard so they all have the same pin outs for power etc. The only difference would be if the inverter in the BB charger pushed more power through like mark elided to above. The stock stuff is .5 amp through usb and 1 amp through the wall. I think the phone not working off the wall power until unplugged is just a phone design limitation. Go figure, I've used my BB and Android stuff and see the same results for the most part.
So with that would my mac charge at a different rate than the htc or BB converter, that may be factor.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
It could, just depends on how they engineered it. Some micro-usb chargers don't push enough power for you to use the GPS navigation and charge the battery, it will literally die on the charger, but some will. Just depends on how the charger is setup. The standard says between .475-1.2 amps and 4.25-5 volts so there is quite a bit of room there for variance.

rew001

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I have my old micro usb BB cable. I dont' see a difference between using it and the supplied HTC cable. (when plugging into a computer usb)

silentbobdrummer

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I just plugged my phone into the wall instead of the computer to charge it for the first time (other than when I first charged it) and it is charging it a lot faster than through the computer. I was wondering why it was charging so slow on the computer and i just figured it was because it was on and probably had stuff running in the background.

Now I just need to get a spare plug for work.

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
didn't know there was a diff. the only reason i was using my bb charger was because it has a longer cord and i can use the phone while charging.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1