Otterbox Now Available

ic3pO

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
If you love your phone and love the water and love keeping your phone safe while on the water They're Now Available!

I just got notice from several suppliers that the Otter Boxs are in stock.

So, what ever your purpose for purchasing one of these sweet little cases, it looks as though they're available again. Although they're not an exact fit to the DInc, if one is a little imaginative, the little bit of extra space can easily be padded/filled. Got mine today and have already cut some foam padding to keep my Incredible from bouncing around while packed within the case.

Due to it's durable construction it looks like the Otter Box is going to be a winner for keeping my phone safe while stuffed inside a backpack too.

Enjoy!
:cool:

rabbithole13

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm, that sounds weird. I've been checking/waiting on the official Otterbox case specifically made for the Dinc, and I guess I'll keep waiting. Call me lazy, but I don't think I would like to buy a case for my phone, but then have to stuff padding inside of it to make it fit. I don't know....

Anyone know when an exact fitting case from Otterbox might be ready?

ic3pO

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'll bet they're going to be for the OEM style back cover only. That (once again) leaves us with the bigger batteries out in the cold. *You'd have to pry my extra capacity battery out of my cold dead hands - thank you very much!

Last edited:

ic3pO

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Doh, my bad. I went with one of their smaller generic cases because I got tired of waiting for the other phone specific. I've got a boating trip coming up and was looking for any waterproof case I could get my hands on. I've got my generic case set up with a single soft foam block cut-out so the DInc fits inside kind of like a gun case.

Thanks for the clarification guys!

Last edited:

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I got an Temporary droid case shell/holster combo , til i can check out the design of the otterbox cases when they are made.
I kinda like the one I have though.
I like the fact it is slim enough to go in my pocket while in the case /or use the holster an clip it on my pocket. I will make up my mind when I see what otterbox has designed . :)

Kath. from otterbox is going to email me when they are ready

Last edited:

ic3pO

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks davidnc. Please keep us informed. I left my email addy with Otterbox but am not sure if they'll really follow up. The case I hav now was only a stop-gap measure and I'd be really interested in something that was actually Designed To Fit the DInc.

willymakit

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Thanks davidnc. Please keep us informed. I left my email addy with Otterbox but am not sure if they'll really follow up. The case I hav now was only a stop-gap measure and I'd be really interested in something that was actually Designed To Fit the DInc.

They have always informed me as to a product I have signed up for.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I love OtterBox cases, but I had issues with one for my Storm2. I had to take it out of hard plastic/rubber case so much the hard plastic broke in one spot and was useless after that. Still the bests for overall protection except for a faceplant.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I love OtterBox cases, but I had issues with one for my Storm2. I had to take it out of hard plastic/rubber case so much the hard plastic broke in one spot and was useless after that. Still the bests for overall protection except for a faceplant.

You should have emailed them or called them most likely they would have sent you a replacement.:) They did me on my 8330 an entire case/holster and screen protector ,free .And again sent me a free holster when I broke the clip off.(just the holster that time)

PS: Also I never had to send them back anything ,they just ship out what I needed

Last edited:

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
At the time it broke I sold my Storm2 so it wasn't a big issue. But you are right, they have excellent CS and take care of teir customers. That is why I get a lot of other items from them. Protection.