Extended Battery

samkeach

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Originally it appeared as though my extended battery was not charging. This still may be the case as it has been plugged in for hours and is only at 38% or is this normal? This is both through the wall charger and car charger.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
It can take a good 8 + hrs to get a full charge the first time. I would bump charge it once or twice as well to top it off.

ghutch0309

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Definitely bump charge it the first time or few times as stated above, my 2150 has been great and gets me through a day of moderate to heavy usage without having to charge it unless I am rely bored at work and destroy internet and testing/email in which case yeah I do need to charge but its rare. I think you'll be very happy once you give it a good solid initial charge

Saiyajin

May 12, 2010
Visit site
This model battery.
HTC Droid Incredible 2150mAh Extended Battery & Door

And I just received both the phone and battery from Verizon today.

I also have the 2150, and it's what the 1300 should have been when they released the phone. From what you've said, I would ponder a few different things.

1) You may indeed have a bad battery, and it could be worth your time to return it and order another in its place.

2) You have something(s) running active or in the background that in total consume nearly as much battery per unit of time as the chargers you are using can feed into the battery, slowing the charging process.

3) If you are using the wall charger, are you using the one that came with the phone? While other usb wall chargers can be used to charge the phone, I know the HTC one that came with the DI pushes 1000 mV. Car chargers often do not do that, and the most visible case of this being a problem are when people use Google Nav for their GPS in their car, which can use more juice than a car charger can provide. In that case, even with the phone plugged in while they are driving, and the phone indicates that it is charging, the GPS nav is actually draining the battery, so that when they get out of the car and unplug it, it's actually a dead phone. I'm not saying that's what you are doing, but I bring it up as an example of running more power out of the phone than the charger you may be using can keep up with.

I'd reboot the phone and check the apps you have running on a regular basis. If you don't see an improvement in a couple of days, I'd just take it back and go for round 2 with a new battery. You get the 30 day guarantee on the battery, just like you do with a new phone.

samkeach

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
The phone is a certified "like-new" replacement after the first one got stolen btw. Now it will not turn on...Thanks for the help so far. It is difficult to help fix a phone without being hands-on with it so I will bring it to Verizon today and see what they can do. For "like-new" replacements do they still honor the 30 day guarantee? I had no such problems with my first incredible and would not mind waiting for another that works, I love the phone...and i'm sure as hell not going back to the LG Dare!

EDIT:
I have got it to power up. It seems to have died and drained completely overnight while plugged in...ill be looking at it again though.

Last edited:

rugbyua9

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
The phone is a certified "like-new" replacement after the first one got stolen btw. Now it will not turn on...Thanks for the help so far. It is difficult to help fix a phone without being hands-on with it so I will bring it to Verizon today and see what they can do. For "like-new" replacements do they still honor the 30 day guarantee? I had no such problems with my first incredible and would not mind waiting for another that works, I love the phone...and i'm sure as hell not going back to the LG Dare!

EDIT:
I have got it to power up. It seems to have died and drained completely overnight while plugged in...ill be looking at it again though.

Yeah, that definitely is not normal.

samkeach

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I went to Verizon this morning and spoke with a very incompetent technician. His first question was if I made sure I plugged it in all the way...
After a while of him just leaving it in the charger and telling me that having wifi enabled and surfing the internet you can literally "watch the battery drain" and that on these android phones that making one 5 minute call can deplete the battery by half.

I didn't buy it but I realized I wasn't getting anywhere with him and told him I did a hard reset and restored the phone to factory settings. No apps, No data. No SD card so nothing was really running and I disabled the WIFI, GPS and Sync functions and left it plugged in overnight for 8 hours in hopes it would charge. Nothing. I woke up to a battery at 4%, unplugged it and it was dead.

I told him this and he said well you can purchase another battery if your convinced there is an issue. I then asked him what time another technician came in and he said 5pm.

So I'll be back at 5pm for round two.

ghutch0309

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
sounds like youre in for quite the day...and the thing about the 5 minute voice call is total BS ive been on 20 minute calls and the batt doesnt go down very much and i surf the internet all the time and i cant "watch the battery drain" so he clearly knows what hes talking about.....good call saying you went through their standard protocol usually gets you somewhere and fast and you clearly shouldnt have a batt issue buying the 2150 from HTC

rugbyua9

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I went to Verizon this morning and spoke with a very incompetent technician. His first question was if I made sure I plugged it in all the way...
After a while of him just leaving it in the charger and telling me that having wifi enabled and surfing the internet you can literally "watch the battery drain" and that on these android phones that making one 5 minute call can deplete the battery by half.

I didn't buy it but I realized I wasn't getting anywhere with him and told him I did a hard reset and restored the phone to factory settings. No apps, No data. No SD card so nothing was really running and I disabled the WIFI, GPS and Sync functions and left it plugged in overnight for 8 hours in hopes it would charge. Nothing. I woke up to a battery at 4%, unplugged it and it was dead.

I told him this and he said well you can purchase another battery if your convinced there is an issue. I then asked him what time another technician came in and he said 5pm.

So I'll be back at 5pm for round two.

Personally, i dont deal with anyone from the store. I call in 611 or write an email from the website. I have gotten 100% of my issues resolved. I would try that route. They are not physically there with you and like to resolve the problem as fast as they can.

samkeach

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I am very frustrated with their service thus far. But I think the Incredible is an awesome phone and would take another one or a Droid X as a replacement at this point and just do away with what they sent me.

samkeach

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Mr. Technician also commented that I had too many Apps (I only had the phone for a day and granted I might have gone a little nuts on the free ones but come on, I don't think I had more than 20-25.). He also mentioned that my BatteryTime Lite severely affected the life of my battery as it is a third battery battery application.

Admittedly, a lot of Apps can draw battery power and understandably affect battery life and charging speed, but the fact that I reset the phone and erased all Apps and data attests to the fact that this had nothing to do with the problem.

ghutch0309

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
how did the second trip go? if it was unsuccessful i would recommend calling 611 as well they are always great to me although i know two of the techs at my store so i never have issues there...

samkeach

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
how did the second trip go? if it was unsuccessful i would recommend calling 611 as well they are always great to me although i know two of the techs at my store so i never have issues there...

Fortunately, another tech handled my issue the second go around and pulled my phone off the wall charger and said "This has been on the wall charging since when you first came in at 9am this morning, it's now 5:30 and we are still in the red. I ordered you a replacement battery and it should be delivered by Friday. Have a good night."

So my problem was solved (hopefully) but it's been a long day and the phone only works plugged in, which sort of defeats the purpose of the mobile phone but I'll deal with it for now.

samkeach

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
So I just received my extended battery replacement. Is there something wrong with my charging port? I just left it charging turned off and it was at 31% after 2-3 hours it is at 17%.
This is very weird.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance