HTCPedia: Incredible Desktop Charging Cradle Ain't Happening, Ever

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Well, I had been looking forward to getting the official HTC desktop charging cradle when it was finally released, but I just saw this post on HTCPedia. Searched and didn't see that anyone had posted yet -- sorry if repost, but I know a lot of us AC'ers were looking forward to this:

R.I.P Desktop Charging Cradle for the HTC Incredible

Are you an HTC Incredible owner? If you are this might not be incredible news for you. The long awaited desktop charging cradle for the Droid Incredible will not be available for sale. I have just learned that this desktop charger was never built and rumors about Verizon canceling this product from their accessory line are in fact true.

You're probably wondering why in the world this product was pulled from manufacturing and why Verizon has cancelled their order with HTC. According to my sources this charging cradle did not pass a quality control due to a design flaw therefore has been pulled from manufacturing. Now since the manufacturer has failed to actually build successful charging cradles and its been three months since HTC Incredible's launch, Verizon probably had no choice but to cancel their orders for it. Even if HTC was to redesign them and pass quality control it would take another few months to manufacture and fulfill.

In my opinion, this product did not pass the quality control most likely because of its charging port position. Since the charging port on the Droid Incredible is located on the right side of the phone, we can conclude that by placing the phone in the cradle it should automatically change the wallpaper from portrait to landscape mode. It is in our opinion that during the quality control testing the screen view did not shift from portrait to landscape mode for the vital screens such as the home screen, dialer, menu, etc... and for that reason did not pass their quality control.

I happen to own the Incredible and was really looking forward to this charging cradle. I am sure there are many of you out there with the HTC Incredible, but without an incredible charging dock for it.

I totally agree with his assessment of why -- it's like the Sense UI coders never talked to the hardware specs guys to tell them that the UI lacked portrait mode...

credo

May 1, 2010
Visit site
It seems like the DInc is a very popular smartphone, yet there a lack of accessories for it. Yes, there are several generic items. The other major phones have items tailored for them.

Legobricke

May 20, 2010
Visit site
It is in our opinion that during the quality control testing the screen view did not shift from portrait to landscape mode for the vital screens such as the home screen, dialer, menu, etc... and for that reason did not pass their quality control.

What I find interesting is that LauncherPro does in fact switch to landscape for the home screen...

Why can't HTC do this in a future upgrade of SENSE?

Does the EVO have these screens in Landscape?

Isnt the EVO and INCREDIBLE almost the very same phone?

LEgo!

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
All good questions. I really don't know. I don't think landscape UI is activated in Froyo, but I don't have it yet. And yes, the EVO and Incredible are very similar phones (not "very same" for a lot of reasons, but core hardware and UI are very similar). I don't know if the UI works in landscape on the EVO -- seems like it would be really dumb not to, given the kickstand and all...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz