Best Case?

rdearth53

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Hello all. I will be getting an Incredible today and would like to know what the best case (preferably silicon) for $20 or under. Thanks so much!

P.S. I am getting it while holding off for the Motorola Droid Bionic or anything else that may pique my interest, so please no questions on why I am purchasing such an "old phone." It is still awesome, and a huge upgrade over my Droid1 that took a crap on me last night and I sadly cannot revive it.

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Hello all. I will be getting an Incredible today and would like to know what the best case (preferably silicon) for $20 or under. Thanks so much!

P.S. I am getting it while holding off for the Motorola Droid Bionic or anything else that may pique my interest, so please no questions on why I am purchasing such an "old phone." It is still awesome, and a huge upgrade over my Droid1 that took a crap on me last night and I sadly cannot revive it.

Why did yo.... never mind :)

I use the hard snap on clear case for my phone. Works prefectly fine for me, no complaints. (I'm surprised to see a 1 star review on amazon though.)

Amazon.com: Clear Hard "Transparent" 2-Pc Snap On Faceplate Case for HTC Droid Incredible (Verizon Wireless): Everything Else

orlanka

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Why not just buy one of the tablets the ten commandments were written on..... haha, ok, I am kidding.

I know it's higher than your price range, but I went with the OtterBox Commuter case. I did my due diligence before purchasing a case and saw that a lot of people had good cases but that the phone moved around a bit inside of it so while the phone was protected, it was scuffed up when you took it out of the case. The OB case has a, not sure how to put it, but a soft rubber casing that wraps around the phone and then slides into the tougher plastic casing. Not only does it not move around, but it's protected perfectly. Also, the soft rubber has the protection for the headphone jack and the usb port.
The other good thing about the case is how it protects one of the biggest design flaws of this great phone, the camera. It definitely protects the camera lens well, without getting in the way when taking a picture.
The only downside to the case, it pretty much doubles the thickness of your phone.
If you're looking to keep your Dinc for a while, it's really worth the extra money to protect it.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
The verizon silicon cases got good feedback from users in the accessories forum. They're cheap and work well for a short term situation like you describe.

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Why not just buy one of the tablets the ten commandments were written on..... haha, ok, I am kidding.

I know it's higher than your price range, but I went with the OtterBox Commuter case. I did my due diligence before purchasing a case and saw that a lot of people had good cases but that the phone moved around a bit inside of it so while the phone was protected, it was scuffed up when you took it out of the case. The OB case has a, not sure how to put it, but a soft rubber casing that wraps around the phone and then slides into the tougher plastic casing. Not only does it not move around, but it's protected perfectly. Also, the soft rubber has the protection for the headphone jack and the usb port.
The other good thing about the case is how it protects one of the biggest design flaws of this great phone, the camera. It definitely protects the camera lens well, without getting in the way when taking a picture.
The only downside to the case, it pretty much doubles the thickness of your phone.
If you're looking to keep your Dinc for a while, it's really worth the extra money to protect it.
COMPLETELY AGREE :) I have an otterbox, I used to use a BodyGlove case (which was under 20 bucks BUT one of the tabs on the corner to hold it on broke off)

I know you want to stay "under 20" BUT i would invest in the OtterBox... it is a wonderful case... p.s. get if from amazon ;)

Good luck on your quest for the illusive Dinc case :)

rdearth53

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Exactly what I did, just ordered the defender!!

And I'm liking this more than I expected, might even hold out for the Targa.
Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

rdearth53

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I bought the trident kraken. Just as tough as the otterbox and you can find them on ebay for $20.

Darn, that sure is a good price. But I got mine off of Amazon and it was only $28 and eligible for the Super Free Shipping, so I am happy with the price I paid. You definitely got a great deal though!

Lemonheater

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I got the Verizon "High Gloss" Silicone Cover directly at the store. Why? I found 10 bucks on the floor at a Verizon Store...who knew?

I really like it. Usually I don't like cases sold by the carriers but this one is real nice. It's a "hard silicone" so it has a look and finish of a hard plastic case, but is flexible. It has a cool pattern on the back. Retails for about $17 at a Verizon store, but since the Inc is being phased out by Verizon you might need to order it somewhere else.

And hey, I got a Inc about 2 months ago, and I love the phone! Nice thing about buying a phone that's been on the market for a while is all the bugs and kinks are worked out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech