Which is fastest/stable ginger-sense ROM?

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I have compared mine to my wifes iPhone a time or 2. Like this past Thursday we were off for a Drs appt and we went to see planet of the apes at a 4:05 show. I unplugged at around 9:30am and before we went into the show she was reaching for the car charger. Me, I had 60+% of my battery left. I think that I was rocking either SR or CM7 that day.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't ordinarily let mine get that low before I start hunting for some 120v but I didn't have that chance today.

Ever wonder where Wanda is when he's not here? The Android Paparazzi got this picture of him looking for "the Juice!"

109b.JPG

Reactions: Wanda

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I have compared mine to my wifes iPhone a time or 2. Like this past Thursday we were off for a Drs appt and we went to see planet of the apes at a 4:05 show. I unplugged at around 9:30am and before we went into the show she was reaching for the car charger. Me, I had 60+% of my battery left. I think that I was rocking either SR or CM7 that day.

So another long day in the books...almost 14 hours off the charger, 3:45 awake time and it was at 9% when I got home and got plugged.

mumfoau, if you have any luck with Setcpu I'd really be interested to know. As I've said I haven't played with it but I'd totally be willing to try it out.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
mumfoau, if you have any luck with Setcpu I'd really be interested to know. As I've said I haven't played with it but I'd totally be willing to try it out.
Setcpu definitely helped my battery with Nils!!!! All I do is disable Perflock and set up a 'screen off' profile with both min and max at 245 and priority at 100. Set on boot and I'm done.

Reactions: davidnc and Wanda

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
So I just wanna thank Stig for telling me that I don't have to wipe between Nandroid flashes. I have flashed about three times this morning. LOL

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Special thanks to Tiny/Jermaine for hooking up a kernel and mod that will allow smartass governor to work in SetCPU for Gingersense and the rooted OTA!!!

Sent via Tapatalk

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Setcpu definitely helped my battery with Nils!!!! All I do is disable Perflock and set up a 'screen off' profile with both min and max at 245 and priority at 100. Set on boot and I'm done.

Im trying those settings you have for setcpu as well .Even tho I have pretty good battery life,sounds like those settings can only add :cool:

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Im trying those settings you have for setcpu as well .Even tho I have pretty good battery life,sounds like those settings can only add :cool:

I haven't tried Setcpu yet but I did flash a new kernel last night. Its linked on the original XDA link and its in post #3. The peeps over there (including Hitch Itch I think) are having good things to say about it. For me so far its working pretty well. Hard to say after only being off charger for 3 hours.

Reactions: davidnc

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I haven't tried Setcpu yet but I did flash a new kernel last night. Its linked on the original XDA link and its in post #3. The peeps over there (including Hitch Itch I think) are having good things to say about it. For me so far its working pretty well. Hard to say after only being off charger for 3 hours.

I'm using the same kernel from post #3. Also on page 158, post #1579 by cantare there's a link to another thread with a link for the flashable mod that will allow the smartass governor to work. The guys that created the mod worked with chad so I feel really good about it.

Sent via Tapatalk

Reactions: davidnc

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Ok cool. I seem to keep coming back to Gingersense!! Just a little while ago, I would always come back to CM7.

Sent via Tapatalk

Last edited:

arran1

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Tried to install Business Gingersense version 2.1 (the newest 3.0). I wiped everything 3x and when I booted into Gingersense, it was a weird combo of CM7 and Gingersense. Seriously, it was CM7's lockscreen, and then CM7's desktop, if you want to call it that. There was no status bar, or laucher/rosie. Then I was attacked by like twenty different FC's in the Gingersense message thing. And it just kept having the same things FC. Turned it off, inbetween the FC messages, and then it wouldn't boot, into the ROM, recovery, or HBOOT for about five minutes. I finally got to boot into the ROM and went through all the FC's to do the power menu and rebooted into recovery. Wiped everything and restored my NANd.

What the heck? I'll try again tomorrow, once I have redownloaded it. Maybe just a bad download.

hgoldner#CB

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Tried to install Business Gingersense version 2.1 (the newest 3.0). I wiped everything 3x and when I booted into Gingersense, it was a weird combo of CM7 and Gingersense. Seriously, it was CM7's lockscreen, and then CM7's desktop, if you want to call it that. There was no status bar, or laucher/rosie. Then I was attacked by like twenty different FC's in the Gingersense message thing. And it just kept having the same things FC. Turned it off, inbetween the FC messages, and then it wouldn't boot, into the ROM, recovery, or HBOOT for about five minutes. I finally got to boot into the ROM and went through all the FC's to do the power menu and rebooted into recovery. Wiped everything and restored my NANd.

What the heck? I'll try again tomorrow, once I have redownloaded it. Maybe just a bad download.

The 3d carousel in the Sense 3.0 version of Nils' ROM wrecks havoc with some phones. I couldn't run it for more than 24 hours without encountering bootloops. On the other hand, the non 3d carousel version of his Business GingerSense that's the Sense 2.1/3.0 mix is quite solid.

arran1

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
The 3d carousel in the Sense 3.0 version of Nils' ROM wrecks havoc with some phones. I couldn't run it for more than 24 hours without encountering bootloops. On the other hand, the non 3d carousel version of his Business GingerSense that's the Sense 2.1/3.0 mix is quite solid.

Ok, thanks. I tried the 2.1/3.0 but it was more laggy then I was used to, and I had heard that the full 3.0 was a little less, so, as I was bored, I decided to flash it. If I feel like i really want it I will just devert to my NAND of the 2.1/3.0 3d carousel.
Thanks again

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site

Dang guys...not sure what to say. I've had nothing but good luck with it (knocking on wood).

@arran1...It sounds to me more like a bad flash. I'm sure you've flashed a ROM or two but are you sure you used the right version of CWM? If I remember correctly in the OP on the XDA site Nils mentions using two different versions...CWM 3.0.0.8 for SLCD and 3.0.0.7 for AMOLED.