Which is fastest/stable ginger-sense ROM?

KiboeTheDog

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
i havn't tried it yet, but i heard nills buisiness gingersense is pretty good.

i just flashed pure speed myself, so, i'm liking this, but it's 2.1

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I've run Nil's Business Gingersense 2.1 3D, Nil's Business Gingersense 3.0 (the latest version just released 7/28), and Synergy ROM. WIthout a doubt Business Gingersense 3.0 is by far the smoothest, most stable Gingerbread/Sense based ROM I've used...the fact that it's Sense 3.0 is just the icing on the cake. Definitely give it a try, you won't be sorry (and if you are hopefully you made a nandroid to restore too).

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I flashed Nils Buisness Gingersense 3.0 ( v1.4) on Saturday , so far its working great. :)

I havent tried Nil's Business Gingersense 2.1 3D tho

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I flashed Nils Buisness Gingersense 3.0 ( v1.4) on Saturday , so far its working great. :)

I havent tried Nil's Business Gingersense 2.1 3D tho

It's very similar in that you get the 3D effect of the "carousel" of your home screens. The major difference I've found is that the 3.0 version has a re-mappable right Rosie button where the 2.1 3D does not.

I also really like the new combined mailbox. This may have been a feature of the 2.1 version but I only loaded one of my three accounts onto it so never really got a chance to find out

The 3.0 also is overall much smoother with very little lag if any at all...the 2.1 had some pretty glaringly obvious lag in the pull down notification bar and at other times...and an issue with the unlock screen where you would unlock it but it wouldn't show anything but your wallpaper, you'd have to hit the trackpad button to bring everything up. Just some minor quirks but 3.0 has solved all those problems for me and as I said, it's much smoother.

Reactions: davidnc

thinh4u2

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
It's very similar in that you get the 3D effect of the "carousel" of your home screens. The major difference I've found is that the 3.0 version has a re-mappable right Rosie button where the 2.1 3D does not.

I also really like the new combined mailbox. This may have been a feature of the 2.1 version but I only loaded one of my three accounts onto it so never really got a chance to find out

The 3.0 also is overall much smoother with very little lag if any at all...the 2.1 had some pretty glaringly obvious lag in the pull down notification bar and at other times...and an issue with the unlock screen where you would unlock it but it wouldn't show anything but your wallpaper, you'd have to hit the trackpad button to bring everything up. Just some minor quirks but 3.0 has solved all those problems for me and as I said, it's much smoother.

Yeah it appears to be smoother than my 1.7 Uber Kingdom Rewind that I had. However, quadrant scores for me were still roughly 1030s to 1060s. I cant remember, but I think stock DINC gets about 1200s-1400s right? I am not sure if losing that much benchmark is worth the cool animations lol =[

thinking about possibily reverting back to non Sense 3.0, but damn its so cool looking

crondable

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Yeah it appears to be smoother than my 1.7 Uber Kingdom Rewind that I had. However, quadrant scores for me were still roughly 1030s to 1060s. I cant remember, but I think stock DINC gets about 1200s-1400s right? I am not sure if losing that much benchmark is worth the cool animations lol =[

thinking about possibily reverting back to non Sense 3.0, but damn its so cool looking

Benchmarks are meaningless IMO. I remember back in the early days there were some kernels that allowed up to around 1600+ in Quadrant, but made the phone feel slow and laggy. Last time I used Quadrant I only scored about 1100, but honestly, my phone has never felt faster. To me, that's all that matters.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I've flashed dozens of ROMS and yet have never done a benchmark test. To me as an enduser, not a programmer or hacker, what matters is usability, smoothness, features. What one ROM scores over another one to me is pointless info that I can't use and honestly i wouldn't know what to do with the info if I had it.

Nils business gingersense 3.0 is the smoothest. Sense 3.0 ROM I've used yet.

KiboeTheDog

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I've flashed dozens of ROMS and yet have never done a benchmark test. To me as an enduser, not a programmer or hacker, what matters is usability, smoothness, features. What one ROM scores over another one to me is pointless info that I can't use and honestly i wouldn't know what to do with the info if I had it.

Nils business gingersense 3.0 is the smoothest. Sense 3.0 ROM I've used yet.

isn't that the one with the better battery life?

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
isn't that the one with the better battery life?

Battery life is alright. It's Sense so it could be better but its not terrible either. I've got a 1750mh battery and I usually get through an entire day with it, unless I use the GPS nav to get some where. Fortunately there are few places in this country without access to an outlet.

RIMMAN

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Currently running Skyraider 4.3 an would love to try Nils GingerSense 3.0, but on his post over on XDA it says for amoled Inc's to use recovery 3.0.0.7, yet I am running 3.0.0.8. Will this truly do any harm if I try to flash this?

Just wasn't sure if anyone else with amoled on their Dinc has tried Nils GingerSense 3.0 and what the outcome was.

Thanks!

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Currently running Skyraider 4.3 an would love to try Nils GingerSense 3.0, but on his post over on XDA it says for amoled Inc's to use recovery 3.0.0.7, yet I am running 3.0.0.8. Will this truly do any harm if I try to flash this?

Just wasn't sure if anyone else with amoled on their Dinc has tried Nils GingerSense 3.0 and what the outcome was.

Thanks!

I asked the same question on XDA about that and was told for amoled it was recommened to go with 3.0.0.7 so I did .I have the amoled screen
That person also said they flashed it by staying on 3.0.0.8 but did not guarantee I would have same results so I didnt risk it and went back to 3.0.0.7 before I flashed it just to be safe.

here is a link where you can find the different recoveries with instructuions on how too flash them, also a thumbnail picture of my question on XDA and the answer I got

Inc. Recoveries | doug piston

Last edited:

RIMMAN

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Thanks David. I'll give it a look. Has anyone here flashed a different recovery version using ROM Manager? I've always flashed my new ROMs manually, but wasn't sure about flashing different recovery versions.

KiboeTheDog

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks David. I'll give it a look. Has anyone here flashed a different recovery version using ROM Manager? I've always flashed my new ROMs manually, but wasn't sure about flashing different recovery versions.

never use rom manager. it causes problems for more then 60% of roms from personal experience.

and no, my cwm was installed via unrevoked method.

and i have no idea if my dinc is SLCD or Amoled, all i know is pure speed flashed just fine and i have 3.0.0.8

(found out, it's SLCD)

Last edited:

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Not to hijack this thread but has any of you flashed the new version of Nil's 3.0 1.4 overtop of version 1.3...as in just wiping cache partition and dalvik, no factory reset?

RIMMAN

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
never use rom manager. it causes problems for more then 60% of roms from personal experience.

and no, my cwm was installed via unrevoked method.

and i have no idea if my dinc is SLCD or Amoled, all i know is pure speed flashed just fine and i have 3.0.0.8

(found out, it's SLCD)

I'm assuming that you just flash the PB31IMG.zip file while in recovery? I've just flashed ROM's, never a different recovery version, but I would think it's the same. Just confirming.

thinh4u2

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm assuming that you just flash the PB31IMG.zip file while in recovery? I've just flashed ROM's, never a different recovery version, but I would think it's the same. Just confirming.

Yup, and actually if you have HBoot it will auto-flash the new CMW, by renaming the new CMW to that PB31IMG.zip from your SDCard

As for Nil's rom, I am using the 3D v2.3 and it rocks!!!! i disable the animations that I find I dont need and keep the ones that I do and find that it is still very smooth. Quadrants scores around 960s but eh, as long as its not too laggy i dont mind. (my old rom was kingdom rewind and that was quite laggy compared to this)

Now if only I can find a new solid kernal to OC it to 1.15 ghz I think I would be super content =]

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang