Properly doing a full wipe

jmk32

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Just flashed my first ROM a few days ago - Nils Business Gingersense with 3d carousel.

I like it overall, but I'm having some issues with it - google nav freezing up, friend stream is slow to scroll, random freezing on home screens, etc.

I'm wondering if I didn't 'fully wipe' the phone correctly before installing (instructions for this ROM were a full wipe was recommended).

Can you tell me exactly how you 'fully wipe' the phone?

(FYI, in clockwork recovery i cleared dalvik cache, then did wipe data/factory reset, was there anything else i was supposed to do?)

crondable

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
You also need to do a wipe of the standard cache, which is directly below the wipe data/factory reset option in Clockwork. I usually do wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache. I never have any issues when flashing ROMs that way.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Quick question, which version of Business Gingersense was it? I used Business Gingersense version 2.3 3D which was based on Sense 2.1 and it did have a bit of lag. I then switched to Business Gingersense 3.0 version 1.6 and it is much smoother. It is based on Sense 3.0 and works like a top.

jmk32

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Quick question, which version of Business Gingersense was it? I used Business Gingersense version 2.3 3D which was based on Sense 2.1 and it did have a bit of lag. I then switched to Business Gingersense 3.0 version 1.6 and it is much smoother. It is based on Sense 3.0 and works like a top.

It was the 2.3 3D. I saw yesterday version 3.0 3D came out yesterday and I actually flashed to that one, but once I restored my apps, i got 'low on space' errors (my phone storage actually was done to basically nothing). I tried moving a bunch of apps to the sd card, but the error wouldn't go away.

So i wiped again (properly this time) and reflashed the 2.3 3D again and it's been working much better than the first time. There is a little lag here and there- my Friend Stream widget is REALLY laggy scrolling through it, which i don't like at all, but at least it's not force closing and freezing up like it did before.

I guess since this is my first ROM, i'll continue to set up my home screens and restore my apps and give it few days, but I may take your advice and try the 3.0 version 1.6...

Thanks!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool