Rooted OTA available

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
I wiped and flashed this rom this morning......and by lunch time I came back to CM7. For me, it's the customization of CM7.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Cool...so...I download, and flash like a regular ROM? Can I still flash CM7 roms over the top of it and keep the GB update?

Or maybe I will just wait until someone develops a GB Custom Rom...

CM7 is Gingerbread. And you would not want to flash CM7 over Sense. You would need to do a full wipe/install to switch between the two.

Hope this helps.

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
And just to add to what Pville said, anytime to switch between roms, I highly recommend you do a full wipe/cache/dalvik at least three times each. Just to make sure. :)

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
The RUU will definately reset your phone. If you want to flash the rooted OTA, just wipe Cache and Dalvik and flash the OTA. If you have problems, then do a factory reset.

plemelin

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Sorry I thought the RUU was the Rooted OTA. So I should wait for the rooted OTA to come if I don't want to reset my phone back up?

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
just and update.....except when trying to download a HUGE file....like 300mb lol.....no problems with the posted rom......
I am seriously liking it....font is better. crisper, etc. Even go launcher works a lot better with it.

plemelin

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
PVille, the last time we got an update. I want to say in August or November I had to flash it but it did not reset my phone. I did have to reinstall Superuser but it was still rooted.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
PVille, the last time we got an update. I want to say in August or November I had to flash it but it did not reset my phone. I did have to reinstall Superuser but it was still rooted.

If you want to flash the Rooted OTA without doing a full wipe, do the following:

1. Download the ROM on the OP to your phone. (Use either the Phone browser or your PC can copy it to your SD Card)
  2. Boot into Clockwork Recovery
  3. Make a backup within Clockwork (This way you can go back to the way you were if necessary)
  4. Clear Cache
  5. Go to Advanced
  6. Clear Dalvik Cache
  7. Go back up to Install zip file from sdcard
  8. Navigate to where the ROM is and flash it
  9. When done - reboot.
Superuser should already be installed.

I do not make any guarantees that this will work flawlessly. If you have problems with Force Closes or features not working right, you will have to either restore from your backup, or do a system restore/data wipe in Clockwork as well as cache and dalvik, then reboot.

A data wipe will wipe everything. you will have to re-login to Google and set everything back up again. A restore from the backup will put you back the way you were.

If you have questions about what to back up check this post:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/in...our-htc-droid-incredible-gingerbread-ota.html

I have been recommending a full wipe for rooted users because it is a pretty big jump from Froyo to GB. The OTA does not "require" a wipe, but experience has shown that even with the OTA, there will be users who will have to do full resets to fix bugs.

I'm sorry I can't give more re-assurance than that. But, once you have properly prepared, a full reset does not take as much time as you might think it does. I've gotten it down to about 30 min. (And I find that every time I do it there are a bunch of apps that I really never use.)

Hope this helps.

Reactions: plemelin

plemelin

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Just completed flashing it. Had to reinstall a few apps that didn't make it through the update. Don't see a huge difference in speed but everything seems to be working as it did.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm a simple guy and I actually like the rooted OTA with Sense 1.0 and all the bloatware removed. :(

Last edited:

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
So does this thing have a fast boot baked in somewhere? I just powered on and my up time is at 7+ hours after I powered off last night.... o_O

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca