phone keeps into 1x

ricbon

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
my damn phone keeps going into 1x evey so often, and no I'm not get an incoming text message i dont now if i have a rogue app or what, i'm on nightly 157 with latest incredikernal

jmjrecj

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I hear ya, i live in an area that is approximately 1 mile from a tower, and i constantly am in 1x, then for my job i drive out to the boonies, where i am recieving at best 95dbm's and it stays at 3g all the time. i was starting to think it is just me. i would appreciate any help on this myself.

i was on cm7 with incredikernel, then switched to Tiamat kernel which seemed to help, at least not going to 1x as often, plus dbm's seem to be lower which means better signal. I need that....

yacobo

crondable

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to disappoint, but the kernel in no way affects the signal strength or connectivity of the phone. Any sort of positive effects are merely a placebo. When was the last time either of you did a full wipe?

jmjrecj

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to disappoint, but the kernel in no way affects the signal strength or connectivity of the phone. Any sort of positive effects are merely a placebo. When was the last time either of you did a full wipe?

@crondable;

By "full wipe" what do u mean? i have just 2 days ago, went through rom manager and did a date wipe, cache, and dalvik cache wipe, then reinstalled rom just to keep things clean. I dont know that much about what kernels do, but it has helped my phone signal and battery.

Last edited:

jmjrecj

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
sorry, i didnt finish this on the last post. Since i switched to Tiamat kernel, my phone has been a lot better. Whether that is from the kernel or not, i do not know, but it is better.

ricbon

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site

I'm on nightly 257 and I did that on a new full wipe when I installed. Which was when ever that came out, now also i came from a stock gingersense rom which the instructions were full wipe then go into mounts and storage and format system and boot. I think I did the same thing when I flashed this nightly. Anyways maybe its carrieIQ transmitting all my damn info:p

crondable

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
No, I never have flashed a radio the disclaimer has always scared me off, you know the whole brick thing, but any advice on how not to fudge it up??

Check the MD5 before you flash, don't pull the battery while it's flashing. All there is to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance