Decks ICS alpha 5

TheBlueCrayon

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
First of all, I know I'm dealing with an alpha release so I'm not complaining, just trying to understand what happened. This is going to be long winded but bear with me...

I cleared data and cache with a factory reset, wiped dalvik, then flashed Decks alpha 5 release with gapps. Everything fired up smoothly and it was awesome... until I realized that my SD card wouldn't mount. I read about the issues but I don't remember seeing this being one of them. Now how am I supposed to get back? Well, I ignored it and kept playing around until I decided to reboot into recovery to check things out. Oops! No more recovery either. My phone vibrates 5 times and goes to a black screen instead. I pulled the battery and tried booting up. Same thing. Pull it again and boot into hboot. Try to boot into the ROM again from there hoping for different results. Fail. Try that again, this time with the USB cable powering the phone. It works. So it looks like since I can't mount the SD card, I definitely have no easy way back. I get back into hboot and hit factory reset. Now my phone is s-on again and I have neither a recovery or a ROM to boot into. I flash the stock img and I'm basically back to a fresh out of the box Incredible, minus the fact that the SD card still won't mount, and the USB is jacked up too. Now apparently I need to download the SDK and use fastboot and ADB command line to fix both of these issues so that my phone is stable, then re-root and re-flash to get back (well, I'll be going back to safe and sound CM 7.1).

So a few questions: Has anyone else had the SD card issue with this particular ROM (I read even more after the fact and it seems it was supposed to not be an issue in this release)? Has anyone else been through this recovery process? Is there an easier way that I'm missing?

Thanks in advance.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Wow...bad day for sure.

The SD card not mounting was/is a known issue. To work around it I downloaded USB Mount Toggle widget (or something to that effect) in order to get the phone to recognize the SD card. USB not mounting I think was also a known issue, I got around that by using WiFi Explorer.

I tell you these things in case you want go back to ICS.

I don't know how the phone got back total stock out of the box non-rooted s-on. Perhaps you could give the Stig a shout-out (Formally known as Pvillecomp) Or check his site here:

PvilleComp's | Droid Incredible Resource Site

Good luck...like I said though, give him a shout (private message or just be patient until he reads this thread) he's VERY knowledgeable in these matters.

Reactions: TheBlueCrayon

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Punda,

If you are going to go back to Stock, use the Foyo RUU image here:
Stock Images | PvilleComp's
You will need to load HTCsync (Also on the site under Tools) to get the drivers on your PC but you should be able to get to stock Froyo and re-root with Unrevoked.

Not sure how/why you got put back to S-ON, that is weird indeed.

If you want to read more on the 5 vibes, there is a write up here:
5 Vibs of Death | PvilleComp's

Hope this helps.

Reactions: TheBlueCrayon

TheBlueCrayon

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Well, almost 24 hours later and I finally have everything back to normal. A huge thank you to XDA, Pvillecomp for his simplified guide, and Wanda for pointing me in the right direction. I think I'll just stick to CM7 until we see some CM9, or at least a more stable release of some other ICS ROM. This has been an educational experience, to say the least.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007