Easy way to get ADB in recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Aaron: please do not call people names in our forums. It violates our forum rules. Let's keep this discussion civilized regardless if you agree with someone or not.

borgey401

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
After 3 days, and probably about 500 reboots. This worked for me. I was able to get repeatable results this way too. Did mine and a couple friends, averaging 3 tries or so.

I noticed something though while doing my friends phone. At about the 5 second mark after selecting recovery, sometimes there was a black line that flickered on the lower half of the screen, and if I inserted the SD card back in at that exact point, it worked every time. But the line doesn't always appear, and didn't appear on my phone at all.

weird, but I'm rooted now, so I'm happy.

edit: Forgot to mention, didn't have to change SD cards, just the timing on re-inserting the SD card made the difference.

yeah actually i've heard about that. what it is is the sd card mounting ( or trying to ) and if it's out and you insert it right at that point it delays the mount and you win the race condition which means adb in recovery. I can get adb in recovery EVERY SINGLE TIME with my method

a1point8turbo

May 27, 2010
Visit site
please I showed proof if you would open your eyes you would see it. look at the results of the surveys that's proof enough. i did a lot of research into this and have been working besides the people who rooted this phone ( not with them but helping them along the way when they need something done ). we have PROOF that sd card matters and I just told you how by getting a dmsg in adb for your phone to calculate when to insert the sd card and that different sd cards make the phone boot up process different. so thats your proof and if you would take the time to do it yourself before you make assumptions you would realize it.

Haha ok, you win I guess trolling on an IRC channel and following directions puts you right up there with Unrevoked. Anyone can follow directions of the people in the know, that is admirable but not in any way are you in the know. Anyone can be a maid, but I wouldn't hold my head high over it.

My proof is that I have put more DiNCs in root than you; hands on (that means actually having them in front of me/you), using multiple sd cards of multiple sizes and quality. Again I just added my experience and interactions with the process, I never trounced your information just added my own. I made no assumptions, you did when you came off like a... well you know how you sounded ;)

Im happy for you that your willing to help out others on here, hell I even read your thread at first to help me. However when you come off like only your input matters....then I have to say something.

Cheers and I will wait for you to troll the IRC channel and then post here for the rest of my information :)

Delirium Tremens

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I followed borgey401s instructions to the letter, and was able to get root right away.

I was trying to do the root by not following the directions closely, but if you take your time it will work.

It really does seem to depend on the timing of your SD card so make sure you follow that.

Thanks again to Unrevoked and borgey401!

mr.saving

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
lol ok, well you do all the testing that me, other people, and UnrEVOked did OURSELVES then you can tell me what works and what does not. Until then just follow directions. SD Card does INFACT matter because different SD Cards make your phone boot up differently. I have proof of why some sd cards work and why some don't. Until you got FACTS to back up your theory don't post them and try to hijack my thread. If anyone is still having trouble GO OUT AND BUY THE CARD! A-Data 16 gb class 6 will also work too. Let me know if you need any help I will be more then happy to help.

Don't get me wrong here. Technique def. does matter when you do it. But SD Card is PROVEN to be the deciding factor to win this race condition when getting adb in recovery

Amazon has the A Data card for 60 bones...I've been looking to get a bigger card.I may get it Friday...late father's day present,lol

borgey401

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Amazon has the A Data card for 60 bones...I've been looking to get a bigger card.I may get it Friday...late father's day present,lol

there ya go buddy, you wont be let down by it I promise you. many of the people in the IRC channel I hang out in have used that card and love it. it has basically worked for everyone so far. if you need any help please let me know. i dont know if you would need it or not but I never turn anyone down that needs help. Help was so widely given to me when I first came to Android that I would be a a*shole not to do it. GOOD LUCK THO! please let me know how you make out buddy

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
everybody please be somewhat civil to each other. between people instigating arguments and other people attacking right back. if there is something that if offensive then report the post or let a mod know. im going to clean up the thread. if this gets out of line again it going to get locked.

Edit: Never mind, Cory beat me :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney