I rooted my Droid Incredible today...

cnash6

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
Hey all,

Edit: woah! These aren't my instructions. I followed the video, I doubt make it. I can see why someone might have thought I was taking credit for it, and that was because I failed to give proper credit. I an almost sure this video is unrevokable's work. They deserve the accolades not me. Sorry for the confusion! All I wanted to do was say that I was successful with this method, not claim that I made it.

I just wanted to say that it is possible. I rooted my droid today following the instructions on this youtube video YouTube - Droid Incredible Root in 10mins

It works just as advertised. Got the superuser running (via the second method shown in the video and after changing to an older MicroSD card I had used in my old BB Curve) and then I am actually posting this using its wireless tether.

If you guys want some sort of proof, tell me how to give it to you and I'll oblige. I'm super new to this forum, but a long-time lurker. I'm just hoping we can get some FroYo action on this bad boy!

Chris

Last edited:

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
My guess is that in a couple of weeks we will be seeing froyo ported over and many more awesome things. I haven't had a chance yet to even try to root my phone because I'm on a long weekend away from my laptop but tomorrow morning it will be my first task. It's been a long wait.

cnash6

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm not really sure if it will prevent OTAs or not. I guess I feel like if I want the Vanilla FroYo when it comes out, I'll just install a ROM that someone makes at that point...

cnash6

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
Woah woah woah. These aren't ny instructions. I just saw on the main page that I've been credited with coming up with this procedure. Not at all! This is, I think, unrevokables work. I just followed the YouTube video. I don't want credit I didn't deserve

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Woah woah woah. These aren't ny instructions. I just saw on the main page that I've been credited with coming up with this procedure. Not at all! This is, I think, unrevokables work. I just followed the YouTube video. I don't want credit I didn't deserve

I'll holler to Phil. Thanks for all this, even if the video's not yours lol.

cnash6

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
This is really awesome. I managed to remove CityID using a combination of the video posted and the link posted to the unrevoked website... Take that, CityID!

GivenToFly

Dec 30, 2009
www.apexautosound.com
I keep running into "Windows cannot find software for your Android 1.0 device." Hopefully someone will get an idiot proof version out soon.

I got the same error, didn't matter though. After about 1000 tries, I was still able to get it. Install the HTC drivers, and the Android SDK, then with the phone booted up, try running adb. If it sees the phone, then you can do this. I think the Android 1.0 driver is for fastboot or something.

toddricks

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I followed the instructions to a tee and could not get it to go so I guess I will have to wait for an easier way. I just want city id off this device.

omgbeav

May 6, 2010
www.beavsgraphics.com
If your question is a serious one, maybe you should do a little research on the googles or switch back to your Motorola flip phone.

Here, let me help;

Let me google that for you

Seriously, what's with the snobbery? Not everyone who visits a message forums spends every waking minute on the internets. Not to mention, the punchline of your post is a link that doesn't even answer his question.

Incrediboy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
i've tried and tried and tried... and am unable to root this thing...

tried an xp machine
and a vista machine
tried an old 1gb sandisk...
*sigh*

no such luck for the incrediboy...

omgbeav

May 6, 2010
www.beavsgraphics.com
I got the same error, didn't matter though. After about 1000 tries, I was still able to get it. Install the HTC drivers, and the Android SDK, then with the phone booted up, try running adb. If it sees the phone, then you can do this. I think the Android 1.0 driver is for fastboot or something.

Just to verify, did you see this prompt -
errormsg.png

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome