Now that we have root, how long until Froyo?

cronin1024

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Froyo works on both the Nexus One and the Evo 4G. The internals of the Incredible are very similar to the Nexus One, with the exception of the CDMA radio, which is similar to the Evo 4G. As such, can we expect a build of Froyo for the Incredible soon?

drjrdemelo

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
they still have to break nand first; give it a few more days and we'll start seeing procedures for that and then after that, it'll just depend on who cooks up the first good rom nom nom nom.

XXXdc5

May 1, 2010
Visit site
seriously huuhhhh

CAN I HAVE FROYO NOW PLEASE?!?!!

Edit: I didnt realize this was a request for unofficial froyo ROM.

i want real froyo pushed to my phone and verizon/HTC need to move their a$$es on that!!!

Last edited:

BoNg420

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Quit begging for it and get out there and start working. seriously some people. They think as soon as a phone is rooted all these hacks are gonna come flying out. The nerve. The phone isn't even fully rooted yet and you are already asking for Froyo. It will probably be awhile...

Chaos5

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Quit begging for it and get out there and start working. seriously some people. They think as soon as a phone is rooted all these hacks are gonna come flying out. The nerve. The phone isn't even fully rooted yet and you are already asking for Froyo. It will probably be awhile...

No one cares if you want to rage on people. People will ask for stuff even if they can't have it get used to America! Plus you tell people to start working, I can bet over half of the people on here wouldn't know what they were doing and brick a phone. So just calm down and keep the 2 cents to yourself.

BoNg420

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
No one cares if you want to rage on people. People will ask for stuff even if they can't have it get used to America! Plus you tell people to start working, I can bet over half of the people on here wouldn't know what they were doing and brick a phone. So just calm down and keep the 2 cents to yourself.

I know, I'm just saying that the phone hasn't been completely unlocked yet since we are blocked from writing for system and people are already begging for Froyo and custom roms.

Chaos5

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Bong I would say most people don't know what we do that we need a bit more before roms start being made. They see root and think it can take roms right away.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I honestly admit I have no skills cooking up ROM's or hacking my phone. I for one am great full for the Android community that gets this done. If you want it a "legit" FROYO now, go ahead and email Verizon and HTC and let us know the response.

I have used a wide range of cooked ROM's on my BlackBerry's and they were always getting better with time. Developers do this for fun, hacker cred and overall because they can. Be grateful for what we get not what you think you are owed.

I say there should be a donation fund setup for a team to build the best FROYO ROM for the Incredible, I pay for apps because I don't like ads, I pay for apps because the developer worked to develop the app.

So if we can get a group of ROM developers to sign on I will put $50 into the pool to get things rolling. Nuff said.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance