Terrible battery life on CM7

spacelordmf

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
So I finally got sick of the messages on my Incredible that space was running low, so after much aggravation and learning I got my Incredible flashed with Cyanogenmon-7.10-Inc.
I think its working well when the display is off, but when the display is on it is just chowing down on my batter.y. maybe a % per minute. It was never like this on the stock ROM.

Even before I started to re-install my apps and get my phone back to where I like it, I thought the battery was dropping awfully fast.

I have the screen brightness down pretty far, and hasn't seemed to help much.

Is this something a new Kernel might help? I've been looking for the incredikernels I've been reading about, but the website appears to be gone or down. ** update incredikernel site is back up.. I suppose I will try a different Kernel.

Thanks.. I may try another ROM and see if I can get a respectable battery life.

Last edited:

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I've been running the stock kernel in CM7 on and off for about a year and have not noticed this.

Did you clear Data, Cache and Dalvik Cache when you loaded the ROM?

Also, are you turning your GPS and Wi-Fi on and off as you need them? GPS and Wi-Fi searching for signal can be a big drain.

spacelordmf

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
I am recalibrating my battery now to see if that helps after updating to Incredikernel. I am hoping that the new kernel and bat calibration helps. Good to know that other Incredibles are working ok.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I am recalibrating my battery now to see if that helps after updating to Incredikernel. I am hoping that the new kernel and bat calibration helps. Good to know that other Incredibles are working ok.

CM7 always gave me the best battery life my Inc ever had! 4 hours screen on time on average with my GPS set to always on, screen brightness to full and Exchange set to push mail. Give yours a few days to settle out and for the battery to figure out which way is up and I'm sure you'll see some great results.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay