Rooting and Sense

kabo0m88

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
This has prob been answered some where before but I couldnt find anything.... when you root the incredible w. sense on it are you still able to use sense??

Im a nooblet to andriod... so just curious.

xaronax

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
While I agree that sense has its problems, I think the solution is to make it so that you can enable/disable it at will. Ideally, being able to pick and choose through which parts of sense you activate would be awesome, and in line with the spirit of Android itself. Customizing and modifying the user experience benefits everyone. Sense in its current form on the incredible has benefits, but the downsides (such as incompatible apps and missing features) make it irritating.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
My Incredible is my first Android and first time using Sense. Personally I look forward to a nice custom FROYO ROM without Sense. This would be great. Hopefully that won't take too long after we get an official FROYO.

rpfarrah

May 3, 2010
Visit site
FWIW, I have no major issues with Sense. I jsut want the freedom to do whatever I want. Like delete Crap City. ;)

ezun

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
This has prob been answered some where before but I couldnt find anything.... when you root the incredible w. sense on it are you still able to use sense??

Im a nooblet to andriod... so just curious.

A related question: I'm very new to this but have a related question - is there a place to download the sense UI? When I get my Inc (supposed to be shipped around 6/28) I plan to root and then install Froyo 2.2 when it's available. After that I want to have the option to install sense again. Any thoughts/help/questions are appreciated! Thx.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
no offense but sense fails. why would you want to keep using it after you root your phone?

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean everyone doesn't like it. I prefer sense over Vanilla android, but my thing is I like to have options. Maybe depending on what I'm doing I want to use Vanilla other times I may want to use Sense, or heck I may even want to use an entirely different launcher. Sense works great for me and what I want.

ezun

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't yet have the Inc but I do want to try the sense UI and vanilla android to see which one I like better. Like Qazme I'd like to have the option and know that it exists. Give this info http://forum.androidcentral.com/droid-incredible/18907-rom-update-works-battery-issues-low-signal-issues-addressed.html#post179318 I definitely want to be able to load/unload sense at my own discretion so I can see what works better.

I'm a tinkerer at heart and will probably like sense, then vanilla android, then sense, then vanilla android, then sense... ok, you get the picture.

SYNTHAXXX

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
There will be several options for the launcher as soon as a stable root method is provided, which includes NAND unlock. Patience is a virtue.

AllGood

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't yet have the Inc but I do want to try the sense UI and vanilla android to see which one I like better. Like Qazme I'd like to have the option and know that it exists. Give this info http://forum.androidcentral.com/droid-incredible/18907-rom-update-works-battery-issues-low-signal-issues-addressed.html#post179318 I definitely want to be able to load/unload sense at my own discretion so I can see what works better.

I'm a tinkerer at heart and will probably like sense, then vanilla android, then sense, then vanilla android, then sense... ok, you get the picture.

Sense UI is installed when you get the Inc. There is no way that i know of to go to the Default Android UI until maybe a Froyo ROM comes out. You could lose the Sense UI with that though. There is multiple Home/Launcher replacements. I like ADW Launcher

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome