Root Incredible Hboot 1.07.0000

Luteplayers

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I have a DINC that has been updated ota recently with the bug fix update. It is currently 2.3.4 GB. I have since moved my service to a RAZR Maxx and want to use the DINC as a mini tablet/ MP3 player. I want to root it and install a script that will turn off the radios. Everything I can find about rooting this phone talks about hboot 1.02.0000.

Will that process work with a DINC that has hboot 1.07.0000?

Editing to add: Yes it will. Rooted Froyo S-Off.

Last edited:

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Without rolling back to Froyo to root - the only way to root would be to use the HTC Bootloader unlock tool and then flash cockwork and a stock rooted ROM. You will not have S-OFF though so the script for the radios may not work.

Luteplayers

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I have tried with both the ruu, which fails telling me the boot loader is the wrong version for the ruu and of course after opening my eyes, I realzied it is for 4.08.605.2 and my phone has had the recent update to 4.08.605.15, hence the 1.07 hboot. I dont know why the PB31IMG process fails as well saying main version is older.

I am going to see if I have any luck with this process

Last edited:

Luteplayers

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I have the HTC sync installed and the phone does connect. Tried running the RUU from HTC, but it fails every time saying that it cant connect to the phone. using the adb process, from the above link, I am able to get the unlock_code.bin, but when I try to flash it, it just hangs in the command prompt window and HTC Sync shows the phone disconnected. The phone is showing the hboot screen with Locked at the top and fastboot usb and bootloader highlighted. It is locked up and I have to pull the battery to reset it.

Any thoughts on why the unlock_code wont flash?

Luteplayers

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I think it was a problem with the computer I was trying it with. Connected to my desktop and it did flash the unlock_code and reboot the phone. moving on now.

Done Froyo, rooted, s-off, now to find a rom. Does there exist a rom with no radio support. I am just going to use the phone as a mini tablet/MP3 player. I think I read somewhere that I can set it up to run a script to turn off the radios.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888