Rooted and battery life

droidabuser

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Recently rooted the Inc. Battery life has seemed to suffer big time since. Has any one else had any issues after rooting. I know the battery life isn't very good to begin with, but now its horrible for me. I don't leave GPS on, mainly text and read NYT from the app, with some facebook thrown in. I can't even make it 11 hours with out the battery dieing

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
Simply rooting will have no effect on battery life, thats like saying if you use an administrator account on your laptop the battery will die faster thAn using a guest account.

Your battery issues lies elsewhere, I'd check the usual culprits, new apps, if the calendar is running, awake vs up time, etc...

11 hours isn't a terrible usage with this phone, as sad as that seems...I wonder how the droid x battery life is going to be...

jasonb

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
my battery life is the same as before. like stated above, simply rooting the phone will have no effect.

since we are talking about battery life, the undervolted kernel over on XDA should also help battery life.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Wondering how much that undervolted kernel affects the performance of the phone though. If it's not noticeable and you squeeze another hour or so out of the battery it could be worth it.

jasonb

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Wondering how much that undervolted kernel affects the performance of the phone though. If it's not noticeable and you squeeze another hour or so out of the battery it could be worth it.

i've had the lower voltage kernel on my phone all day (flashed it last night) and i can't tell of bit of difference performance wise. battery life may be a bit better, but i was never one of the many complaining about battery life. it's to soon to tell if battery life is really better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781