Hydra Kernels

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone here have any feedback on the hydra kernels? I have been trying out the stock undervolted kernel today and see no difference in performance, however I put it in at lunch today so I can't comment really on the battery yet. Has anyone else used this or the overclocked kernels? And what's you opinion on them?

For anyone interested in giving them a try:
Hydra Kernels - Custom Kernels for the HTC Incredible

FIRST RUN A NANDROID BACKUP SO YOU HAVE A STOCK KERNEL TO REVERT TO!!

Download and place it in the root of your SD card.

How to install them:
Code:
1. Reboot phone into recovery.
2. Install update from .zip on memory card.
3. Select the .zip let it do its thing.
4. Restart the phone.

mr.saving

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
The undervolt kernel is stock.You will see better battery life and wireless N if you flashed that one.

The OC kernels are faster.

my linpack on stock averaged 6.7 ish
my linpack score on OC averaged 8

I could notice a difference.I am back to the under volted one right now because it was on my SD card, but I will go back to the OC'd one after i try the 1.13 kernel. I highly recommend trying them.

PIYIRIO

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I haven't noticed much if any improvement in battery life. I did this and deleted the battery config the same day. I dont use the wireless except for wifi tether and that pretty rare. I have noticed the phone will random reboot every couple days... I'm watching TV or something and hear "drroooooid". Its certainly not often, I just wish my phone was more stable with the undervolt kernel.

mr.saving

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
I haven't noticed much if any improvement in battery life. I did this and deleted the battery config the same day. I dont use the wireless except for wifi tether and that pretty rare. I have noticed the phone will random reboot every couple days... I'm watching TV or something and hear "drroooooid". Its certainly not often, I just wish my phone was more stable with the undervolt kernel.

Hmm,well that sucks. I haven't had any random reboots or anything...great battery

eiqrti.png

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site

It could also be an App causing the reboot, though I doubt it. Undervolting 'shouldn't' cause random reboots, but it is a micro processor and every one of them has it's own comfort zone.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm sitting at 10 hr 25 min with 59% battery left. But I didn't use my phone much today except email etc. I normally get 13-14 hours with normal usage. But I have a 1750 battery.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I guess you could say 'improvement' but I did no streaming video or games really yesterday. If I would have done that I would have been sitting at that same percent at 8 hours give or take. Since swapping to the hydra undervolted stock kernel and the 1750 battery I can stretch out to about 16 hours pretty easily. In that respect yes I saw a nice improvement previously I was only getting about 12-14 hours.

mr.saving

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
How do you get battery life like that? Do you have background updates? I feel like that's why mine can't get that great of battery life.

I don't run alot of background data. I also turn off 3G at times. i use the power control widget for my brightness and what not. i also use wifi whenever i can.

I can post my settings if you like so you can compare,just let me know what info you want

nmyeti

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I've used both the OCUV and the stockUV kernels in wireless N flavor. The OCUV ended in a reboot loop. I ended up doing a nandroid back to stock.

No real difference battery life with the stock speed undervolt version.

anon(30235)

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi gang! The Incredible is my first Android device and I just got rooted this morning thanks to the developers at unrEVOked, so I admit to being a bit of a newbie. If I flash to a Hydra kernal, can this be undone by a Nandroid restore?

Thanks for your time.
Mike

anon(30235)

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Never mind...I'm too impatient. B-) I went ahead and installed the overclocked/undervolt kernel, but it hung at the HTC screen. I'm currently restoring from Nandroid.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
hey im running stock kernel how do i install the new kernel

What rom are you using?

To install a kernel, make sure it is compatible with your rom, then download kernel, place in your sd card where you can find it, reboot your phone into recovery mode, wipe cache partition and dalvik cache, then install zip from sd card>choose zip from sd card>(find your file), then reboot.

This thread is really old, and nobody uses these hydra kernels any more.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc