need help changing boot animation OS X

jared916

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
i need help changing my boot animation. ive looked at tons of other sites and videos but none of helped. MOst are for windows and those cant help. i have downloaded the SDK and fastboot and put them into tools. i have also placed my bootanimation.zip in there as well. but this is where i am stuck. i dont know what to do when it come to running commands in terminal. adb never works for some reason. so can anyone help? i really appreciate it. a step by step guide would be great

omgbeav

May 6, 2010
www.beavsgraphics.com
For the most part, all the current devices support the same screen size (Incredible, Galaxy S, Droid, Nexus One, Evo etc.). Did you try what I linked in the previous post?

jared916

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
For the most part, all the current devices support the same screen size (Incredible, Galaxy S, Droid, Nexus One, Evo etc.). Did you try what I linked in the previous post?

Yes and it works. But I went to droidboots.com and tried one from there and I couldn't get those to work

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
If it comes up just black, it's because the file didn't push correctly. All you have to do is load up your terminal. But your bootanimation.zip / android_sound.mp3 (if you have one) in the same folder as your sdk/tools/ folder. Then issue.

adb push bootanimation.zip /data/local

Hit enter. Reboot your phone. All the boot animations will work on any android device, with the one exception being if they are full screen animations and the phone them came from have either a bigger screen or smaller screen it may look off a bit. I'm currently using the Droid X boot animation on my Incredible for instance.

jared916

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
If it comes up just black, it's because the file didn't push correctly. All you have to do is load up your terminal. But your bootanimation.zip / android_sound.mp3 (if you have one) in the same folder as your sdk/tools/ folder. Then issue.

adb push bootanimation.zip /data/local

Hit enter. Reboot your phone. All the boot animations will work on any android device, with the one exception being if they are full screen animations and the phone them came from have either a bigger screen or smaller screen it may look off a bit. I'm currently using the Droid X boot animation on my Incredible for instance.

Sometimes I push then it says a certain amount of data was copied in a certain amount of seconds then I reboot and its not there. Just black screen

JTEastwood

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes I push then it says a certain amount of data was copied in a certain amount of seconds then I reboot and its not there. Just black screen

i have found some boot animations out there with jacked up resolutions in the info file that cause the screen to stay black rather than run the file.

it can be edited to the right resolution for most of them.

JTEastwood

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Is there an easy way to push boot animations with clockwork mod

yeah just push your bootanimation.zip from your sdk tools folder

from tools

shift right click -- open command prompt window

adb push bootanimation.zip \data\local

adb reboot

i had to boot the phone into recovery a few times with clockwork to get the file to push but that should do ya...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante