How to unroot so you can download the official froyo when it comes out

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Dont! The ROM for 2.2 we have now will be better performance wise than the official. Wait for the update to start rolling out and for the DEVs to put the camera driver in and download Cyanogen etc. Not to mention you will probably have it from them before Verizon pushes it to your phone!!! (Plus you will still be rooted and happy)

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Dont! The ROM for 2.2 we have now will be better performance wise than the official. Wait for the update to start rolling out and for the DEVs to put the camera driver in and download Cyanogen etc. Not to mention you will probably have it from them before Verizon pushes it to your phone!!! (Plus you will still be rooted and happy)

How do you know its better performance?

CM currently scores the same in benchmarks as the Desire leak. The butchered port we have now, while nice and the dev worked hard on it, does not count. It scores half of what the Desire leak does in Quadrant.

Last edited:
Reactions: gunnermike53

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Because the Froyo 2.2 ROM from Verizon/HTC will be loaded with Sense UI all the widgets etc etc etc. Meanwhile Cyanogen is a vanilla build striped from all the rosie widgets and has kernels that are undervolted, overclocked, tweaked etc. It's plain and simple they will perform much better like the 2.1 ROMs now run better than the officals.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Thats a matter of perspective.

This phone doesn't overclock worth a damn, and...well read my edit above ;)

One thing you are failing to recognize is we don't have a sturdy build yet due to a lot of missing "offical" parts from HTC. It really is too early to tell. As far as saying it doesn't OC very well is, like you said, perspective. Getting another 100-200MHz out of a cellular processor is actually pretty good. My performance scores on 2.1 with JIT enabled and an OCed ROM shot my scores up from 500 to 800 in linpack and a similar ratio in quadrant. Quadrant is going to score this phone lower a limit your overall score due to the 30 FPS cap on the device. Just some food for though, benchmarks aren't the end all be all in performance.

Argent

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
unrooting will also wipe all your data and apps from the phone meaning you'll have to redo everything after you unroot (I did this last week - I wasn't overly happy about that)

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
One thing you are failing to recognize is we don't have a sturdy build yet due to a lot of missing "offical" parts from HTC. It really is too early to tell. As far as saying it doesn't OC very well is, like you said, perspective. Getting another 100-200MHz out of a cellular processor is actually pretty good. My performance scores on 2.1 with JIT enabled and an OCed ROM shot my scores up from 500 to 800 in linpack and a similar ratio in quadrant. Quadrant is going to score this phone lower a limit your overall score due to the 30 FPS cap on the device. Just some food for though, benchmarks aren't the end all be all in performance.

What 30 FPS limit? Are you referring to 2D? It doesn't exist. Run fps2d to see. We can accurately look at Nexus One scores to see what to expect for the Dinc. They aren't terribly different than the Desire leak.

I agree on waiting, but its far too assumptive to say it will perform better. Different strokes for different folks.

Reactions: gunnermike53

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
What 30 FPS limit? Are you referring to 2D? It doesn't exist. Run fps2d to see. We can accurately look at Nexus One scores to see what to expect for the Dinc. They aren't terribly different than the Desire leak.

I agree on waiting, but its far too assumptive to say it will perform better. Different strokes for different folks.

Crap sorry been in two different forums I was thinking about the HDMI out on the EVO. Opps. I don't think it will be assumptive if you can look at the N1 you can see performance improvement with 2.2 and really see them if you look at top devices running different ROMs....

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I almost guarantee you that within 4 hours after the update location is leaked, Cyanogen will have everything fixed that doesn't work currently. Looking forward to it, to.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I almost guarantee you that within 4 hours after the update location is leaked, Cyanogen will have everything fixed that doesn't work currently. Looking forward to it, to.

No doubt at all. Pretty much every other ROM cooker follows him so within an hour or two of him fixing the broken parts all the other will too. And then there will be a bevy of Froyo choices for sure.

sloan31

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm gonna unroot and install the official update when it comes out as I've tried other ROMS and came back to stock because I really like all the HTC goodness. The only purpose I have for rooting I guess it just for wireless tether.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm gonna unroot and install the official update when it comes out as I've tried other ROMS and came back to stock because I really like all the HTC goodness. The only purpose I have for rooting I guess it just for wireless tether.

If you aren't into tweaking and really playing with your phone there is no reason other than wireless tether to root your phone. Personally even if I liked Sense I would still root. Two reasons really, uninstalling CityID/FootPrints etc I didn't want and using wireless tether. Remember you can still be rooted and enjoy the Stock phone!

rmiles7721

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

I also like Sense. I switch between using HTC Sense and LauncherPro daily. I do like being able to theme and mainly rooted for that as well as wireless tether and being able to get rid of a few programs such as quickoffice and cityid. Will either unroot and upgrade or wait until someone releases a stock 2.2 ROM that's rooted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12