How to change boot animations and mp3 in new froyo leak

mwirtz

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
speaking of boot animations...i noticed during the new froyo animation, when it briefly flashes all the features of the phone, it shows 'google android 2.1'...oops

xAGx#AC

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Any advice on removing the new boot audio when I get the 2.2 update?

Im fine with the animation, I just dont want my Incredible going 'Droooiiid' every time it turns on when I may not be in an environment where I want it to make noise.

Im kind of a noob with all of the techincal android stuff, but Ive managed to change the animation a couple times before with 2.1 and that seemed relatively easy when I got everything set up correctly.

Any help is appreciated.

normg

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if ROM Manager will handle this issue with 2.2?? I've changed boot animations with it in 2.1 with no issues, but have not tried it yet with 2.2

Fahrenheit

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site

Im fine with the animation, I just dont want my Incredible going 'Droooiiid' every time it turns on when I may not be in an environment where I want it to make noise.

Im kind of a noob with all of the techincal android stuff, but Ive managed to change the animation a couple times before with 2.1 and that seemed relatively easy when I got everything set up correctly.

Any help is appreciated.

2.2 is a bit different in that I think you need root access to accomplish it. You have to get write (mount) access to the system folder:

/system/customize/resource

In clockwork mod recovery, you mount /system, plug in the phone, then from adb, you can move the sound file:

adb shell
mv /system/customize/resource/VZW_Droid.mp3 /system/customize/resource/VZW_Droid.bak

That will move the file to a backup, and prevent the sound from playing.

Fahrenheit

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
grr. this is frustrating. all I get after I try and push the animation is " /sbin/sh: adb: not found"

It looks like you're running adb shell before running adb push. When you run adb shell, that takes you into the phones OS. So if you try to run a command, it runs it on the phone (hence, the system saying adb is not found...because it's on your PC, and not the phone). Try typing: exit, then adb push your file.

Fahrenheit

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
2.2 froyo PC-style boot animation

Oh, and if anyone's interested, I changed that PC BIOS boot animation to have 2.2 version numbers (see screenshot). We have 2.2 now, I figured the boot animation should reflect that.

00037.png

Tested on my phone and working.

Sere81

May 2, 2010
Visit site
It looks like you're running adb shell before running adb push. When you run adb shell, that takes you into the phones OS. So if you try to run a command, it runs it on the phone (hence, the system saying adb is not found...because it's on your PC, and not the phone). Try typing: exit, then adb push your file.

I'm back on SR3 since gmail kept FCing with virtouos 2.3. If I try and go back I'll try your suggestion. Thanks for the help.

seanroberts000

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm pullin my hair out here... Astro allows me to see the VZW_bootanimation.zip file in /system/customize/resource/ but not delete it. ADB Shell reports "file does not exist" on a rm command. I can ADB push the new animation, but then always receive black screen.

What am I doing wrong?!!

Shiodooru

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Oh, and if anyone's interested, I changed that PC BIOS boot animation to have 2.2 version numbers (see screenshot). We have 2.2 now, I figured the boot animation should reflect that.

Tested on my phone and working.

What font are you using? I want to make a few changes to have it match my config

JF

May 3, 2010
Visit site

Any help is appreciated.

I am in the same boat but have not rooted. I am a tech n00b and I know just about enough to screw up my DInc so I am hesitant to root.

I have searched for a non-root way to remove the audio, but have come up empty. Anyone had luck on this?

May 2, 2010
Visit site
They only way to get rid of the boot audio is to be rooted. You need to be able to mount the system partition as read/write. In froyo, they're kept in /system/customize/resource/ as VZW_bootanimation.zip and .mp3. Change the mp3 to .bak and it'll stop.

mikestorm

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
I have a custom ROM with the boot audio removed by default. I want to put it back to see what it's like. Anyone know where I can get the stock Incredible audio file?

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
If you can get your phone into recovery mode you can remove it without being rooted. But it's going to be aggravating, and by the time you get that you might as well root....so just root it and be happy, you can always unroot it after getting the sound gone.

Stock VZW file sure: VZW Bootanimation Sound

cjohnson481

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I have a custom ROM with the boot audio removed by default. I want to put it back to see what it's like. Anyone know where I can get the stock Incredible audio file?

how do you put the audio back in? can it be easily done with root explorer, or do i have to use adb?

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Obviously you must be rooted. But with root explorer just mount the directory R/W and copy it back in there. Reboot the phone.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante