Updated to Froyo.... no Camera or camcorder.

silentjosh37

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Every time I try to use either it is just black. Yes I did the OTA update first, everything else seems to be fine except for the camera and I also have a notification that says "Preparing Phone Storage" "Checking for errors" and it has been there since I updated. Any suggestions?

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Reflash the 2.2 is what I'd do. However, you might want to wait for some ther advice. Either way, you shouldn't have that notification there all time. Have you tried rebooting?

douger

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Reflash the 2.2 is what I'd do. However, you might want to wait for some ther advice. Either way, you shouldn't have that notification there all time. Have you tried rebooting?

I might take that a step further. I'd do the entire process again...install the unrooted ROM, then install the OTA, reroot, then reflash the Froyo ROM again.

Make sure you wipe before installing each ROM.

spins1232001

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I am having the exact same issues. :confused: I will try the suggestions but if you find a fix, please let me know! Will do the same!

Every time I try to use either it is just black. Yes I did the OTA update first, everything else seems to be fine except for the camera and I also have a notification that says "Preparing Phone Storage" "Checking for errors" and it has been there since I updated. Any suggestions?

douger

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Little more info I am used the tutorial/files from here YouTube - Droid Incredible Leaked 2.2 Froyo since every time I tried to load pb31img from bootloader I would get an error. Am I doing something wrong, missing a step etc etc.

Are you rooted?

If so, yes, you're doing it wrong.

Reread the instructions. You load pb31 from an adb command.

I think you can do it from recovery, but that wasn't in the instructions and I didn't try it. I don't know these programs well enough to tell you how to do it from memory...but it has something to do with picking the update file.

silentjosh37

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
These walk throughs all leave out big steps.... New to droid not with betas and leaks.... Newbish I know but how do I run it as such? I've looked for better steps to no avail.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
These walk throughs all leave out big steps.... New to droid not with betas and leaks.... Newbish I know but how do I run it as such? I've looked for better steps to no avail.

Here are the steps I used have you tried them and if so what questions do you have.

Rooted

1. Download PB31IMG.zip and place it in the root of you SDCARD. Make sure the FS is FAT32, otherwise PB13IMG.zip will not flash.
1a. Link has been updated so you no longer have to apply the VZW exchange OTA.
2. Now go to the bootloader.
2a. Run 'adb reboot oem-42' if powered up or hold Power + Volume Down if your phone is off.
3. It should automatically start loading PB31IMG.zip. Then accept it when it asks you to load it or not (pretty sure Vol Up).
4. You are now completely stock. You should remove PB31IMG from your SDCARD now.
5. Download dinc_ota.zip, rename it to update.zip and place it in the root of your SDCARD.
6. Now boot into recovery and apply the zip.
6a. adb reboot recovery if powered up or Power + Volume Down then select Recovery.
6b. Now hit Power + Volume Up to bring up the Recovery menu.
6c. Now select apply update.zip
7. Go to Settings > About phone > Software information > Baseband version and verify that it's 2.05.00.06.11.
8. Now download and run Unrevoked 3 to reroot and install ClockworkMod recovery.
9. Now you can go ahead and do a Full Wipe then install the Stock Froyo rom.

Non Rooted

1. Download dinc_ota.zip, rename it to update.zip and place it in the root of your SDCARD.
2. Now boot into recovery and apply the zip.
2a. adb reboot recovery if powered up or Power + Volume Down then select Recovery.
2b. Now hit Power + Volume Up to bring up the Recovery menu.
2c. Now select apply update.zip
3. Go to Settings > About phone > Software information > Baseband version and verify that it's 2.05.00.06.11.
4. Now download and run Unrevoked 3 to root and install ClockworkMod recovery.
5. Now you can go ahead and do a Full Wipe then install the Stock Froyo rom.

silentjosh37

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Yes the card is fat32.... And those are the steps I have tried how do I run the adb/install the stock rom. That's the steps that are lacking.

I followed the non rooted instructions for those following along at home. Where in I did the Ota first then try to run the pb31 jazz

Last edited:

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Download dinc_ota.zip from xda then rename it to "update" if your using a windows computer because it will add the zip for you. Then just plug your phone into your computer and drag the the updaye file to the root of your sdcard. Then reboot into recovery (make sure you remove the PB31IMG.zip file before doing this) then in recovery you will see the triangle then hit the power and volume up key at the same time you should then get the option to select the update.zip

silentjosh37

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I have the ota updated done fine at the 2.05 etc I'm at the point where you have to install the rom and it won't take it says wrong image. Basically at steps 5 and 6 in the non rooted steps

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
You completed step 4 and have the super user icon? And getting that error try re downloading the Froyo ROM maybe you got a bad one then just wipe and install the rom again.

silentjosh37

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I dont know how to run the pb31 file. Do I run it in recovery, is it something I have to run it on the PC how do I do this? I cant find the
steps for the final steps anywhere.

silentjosh37

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I was following the non rooted instruction, I am under the assumption that the pb31 file is the ROM, and how do I run it, thats what I need to know.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Step one- put the pb31 on your sdcard> reboot into recovery by power down the phone then hold the power button and volume up key> hit the power button to select bootloader and then let it run through. Then accept it when it asks you to load it or not.

silentjosh37

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
So I have to remove the ota_update? Go back to the 1.00.yada.yada baseband version? Again I sorry to be such a newb with this but I followed the Non-rooted version to a T and dont get what I am missing.

Also I am trying to run pb31 from recovery and thats where I am getting the error.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance