help rooting right now?? can anyone help.

clark72985

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
hey guys im just letting you know ahead of time i am not good with this type of thing. infact i no nothing about it at all so please dont make fun. ive downloaded unrevoked 3 and i cant figure out how to root my incredible. i was wondering if there is anyone who could walk me through the process.

thanks ahead of time...
jay

Execute

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I just rooted my Incredible a couple hours ago. I had never rooted a phone, and was a little worried. However, I found a very thourough and good guide, and all went well. The guide can be located at Howto: Root the HTC Droid Incredible - Technology - Jonamerica.com

A few things that had me worried. One was the fact that I couldn't figure out how to get out of HBOOT from my device. I still don't know how I did it, but possibly the same way I got in...Hold down Volume - and Power.

The second thing was when I was instructed to go into Device Manager and update Android Drivers, they listed it in the guide as "Android 1.0" under "Other Devices". I'm not sure if it was because I used Windows 7, but there was no "Android 1.0" or "Other Devices". However, there is "Android Phone" in the main menu, so I just used that instead of "Android 1.0". Worked like a charm. Seems obvious, but I get nervous when everything isnt exactly like it is explained lol.

However, everything was pretty straightforward and easy. It is a detailed guide and now I am loving root on my Incredible.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay