Can I Revert to Original Radio

pmas

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I installed the updated radio file and froyo, but found I wanted to go back to 2.1 rooted. So I loaded a nandroid of 2.1 and it's fine except for the fact that since the radio remains the updated one, i can no longer record video.
Does anyone have an update.zip of the original radio? Or is there another way to get the old radio back?

BTW, my only complaint with froyo rom was battery using 30 percent overnight. I was using the 7/27 leak with all 5 patches, in case anyone wants to know why I went back to 2.1

borgey401

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I installed the updated radio file and froyo, but found I wanted to go back to 2.1 rooted. So I loaded a nandroid of 2.1 and it's fine except for the fact that since the radio remains the updated one, i can no longer record video.
Does anyone have an update.zip of the original radio? Or is there another way to get the old radio back?

BTW, my only complaint with froyo rom was battery using 30 percent overnight. I was using the 7/27 leak with all 5 patches, in case anyone wants to know why I went back to 2.1

use my 8/1/10 leak. it's far superior to the 7/27 leak. it has FAR better battery life and NO patchs needed. Ozzeh and Aiccucs both did very very good jobs with the leak also. You can head over to XDA to grab either of them. Also what people don't realize is that if you're not too Android savy (not saying you're not). That this downgrade process is actually pretty dangerous. A lot of people don't realize it because they don't get what the commands mean that they are entering. Writing to the Misc. partition can be very dangerous. Just an FYI

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
use my 8/1/10 leak. it's far superior to the 7/27 leak. it has FAR better battery life and NO patchs needed. Ozzeh and Aiccucs both did very very good jobs with the leak also. You can head over to XDA to grab either of them. Also what people don't realize is that if you're not too Android savy (not saying you're not). That this downgrade process is actually pretty dangerous. A lot of people don't realize it because they don't get what the commands mean that they are entering. Writing to the Misc. partition can be very dangerous. Just an FYI

Yeah I'm using the 8/1/10 leak and it is really really good on battery life. I'm sitting at 11hr 51min 14s since unplug with 45% battery left on a 1750 battery. Very very very impressed. Not sure if it's the radio, froyo or a combination of both. Either way I'm happy!

mr.s4ndm4n

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

Yeah I'm using the 8/1/10 leak and it is really really good on battery life. I'm sitting at 11hr 51min 14s since unplug with 45% battery left on a 1750 battery. Very very very impressed. Not sure if it's the radio, froyo or a combination of both. Either way I'm happy!

Can you guys provide a link to 8/1/2010 ota leak, as well as directions? I wanna root this bad boy!! I have 'unrevoked2'; Do i use that?

omgbeav

May 6, 2010
www.beavsgraphics.com
Aww, crap! I didn't realize there was another radio release after 7/27. I'm not sure if I can take the stress of another radio update. Is there that much of a difference in battery life between the two?

SLOflatlander

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
just a few hours ago i downloaded a PB31IMG.zip of the original 1.x radio, i dont remember where i got it from though. just a few minutes of looking and you should be able to find it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance