I am thinking of rooting, but kind of scared to screw it up

Legobricke

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I hear the fear factor...

I dove in today..... and the door got slammed shut when I hit the ADB issue...

Thats the way I get listed in the Device Manager.... and therefore I get unrevoked to just sit there "waiting for device".....

It's in debug mode.... Htc sync is uninstalled....

yet.... It's sits with HBOOT USB up and unrevoked on.... and all is quiet...

so.... I shut it down for fear of whackin the phone! LOL!

Lego!

douger

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I hear the fear factor...

I dove in today..... and the door got slammed shut when I hit the ADB issue...

Thats the way I get listed in the Device Manager.... and therefore I get unrevoked to just sit there "waiting for device".....

It's in debug mode.... Htc sync is uninstalled....

yet.... It's sits with HBOOT USB up and unrevoked on.... and all is quiet...

so.... I shut it down for fear of whackin the phone! LOL!

Lego!

When you unzip the unrEVOked package, there's an icon that will match whatever browser you're using that says...I think...drivers, or something similar.

Click on that. The browser page that opens describes how to install the drivers, including a link for the drivers.

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Hey all. I am a total noob and rooted and got WiFi tether going a couple days ago. I have Titanium backup, astro, and the premium Rom manager.

So now I want to get S-off and upgrade my radio to 2.15 so I can hit my DInc w some sky raider goodness. I Know there are tons of walk thrus out there, but they all talk about downloading files "to the root of your SD card." I know this is a noobtastic question, but can someone tell me what that means and how to do it (ie how to put a file on the root of my SD card)?

Also, was thinking that I'd do this earlier today/yesterday, so I have done a couple nandroid backups and a titanium backup. I looked at my SD card, and noticed that I only have 500 some mb left, as I'm still rockin the 2gb SD that came with the phone. Is this going to be a problem before I get skyraider on the phone or will I be okay?

Thanks in advance for all your help. Much love for the Android community!

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Hey all. I am a total noob and rooted and got WiFi tether going a couple days ago. I have Titanium backup, astro, and the premium Rom manager.

So now I want to get S-off and upgrade my radio to 2.15 so I can hit my DInc w some sky raider goodness. I Know there are tons of walk thrus out there, but they all talk about downloading files "to the root of your SD card." I know this is a noobtastic question, but can someone tell me what that means and how to do it (ie how to put a file on the root of my SD card)?

Also, was thinking that I'd do this earlier today/yesterday, so I have done a couple nandroid backups and a titanium backup. I looked at my SD card, and noticed that I only have 500 some mb left, as I'm still rockin the 2gb SD that came with the phone. Is this going to be a problem before I get skyraider on the phone or will I be okay?

Prospekt

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site

Root of the SD card is the main area of the SD card (so just put the file next to all your folders and other random files). You should be ok with your SD card. You could move some nandroids onto your computer to free up some space on there if you need to.

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Awesome, thanks! So does that mean that I should download whatever file needs to be put on my SD card onto ky comp and then plug the phone in on the aboot screen so it says hboot usb plug, select use device as storage under device manager, and put the file on that way? Or can I just click on the download link from my phone? Thanks again dude!

Prospekt

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
Just download unrevoked forever straight to your phone, go into recovery, install from SD card, choose the unrevoked file you downloaded. It'll do it's thing and you'll be s-off after.

Then follow the radio instructions about putting it on your SD root (I can't 100% help with the radio because I don't entirely remember the process.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC