Q's before rooting...

nygolfmc

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I have a couple questions before I root, here they are:

1.) When I use titanium backup, will I be able to restore my apps to 2.2 (I'm coming from stock 2.1)

2.) Will I lose all my data or can that be restored as well?

3.) When I format my SD card can I move everything to my laptop and then back to my SD card without any problems?

4.) Lastly, with the wireless tether program that can be installed with root, do you still have to pay for the verizon tether package?

Thanks for your help!

dmoney17

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I have a couple questions before I root, here they are:

1.) When I use titanium backup, will I be able to restore my apps to 2.2 (I'm coming from stock 2.1)

2.) Will I lose all my data or can that be restored as well?

3.) When I format my SD card can I move everything to my laptop and then back to my SD card without any problems?

4.) Lastly, with the wireless tether program that can be installed with root, do you still have to pay for the verizon tether package?

Thanks for your help!

1) Titanium backup will restore your apps to 2.2 as long as they are backed up using titanium backup. With the free version you will have to manually install each app one-by-one. However, with the paid version it installed the apps for you (so just a one click process)...so I hear.

2) If you do a Nandroid backup you will be able to restore you data if you need too. After you root when first installing a ROM you have to do a completely wipe of your data. So be sure to do a backup before that.

3) You can move the contents of your SD card to your laptop, reformat your SD card, and then move the contents back from your laptop to your SD card. I did this and everything worked fine.

4) I think by rooting you don't have to pay the Verizon tether package.

douger

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
1) Titanium backup will restore your apps to 2.2 as long as they are backed up using titanium backup. With the free version you will have to manually install each app one-by-one. However, with the paid version it installed the apps for you (so just a one click process)...so I hear.

2) If you do a Nandroid backup you will be able to restore you data if you need too. After you root when first installing a ROM you have to do a completely wipe of your data. So be sure to do a backup before that.

3) You can move the contents of your SD card to your laptop, reformat your SD card, and then move the contents back from your laptop to your SD card. I did this and everything worked fine.

4) I think by rooting you don't have to pay the Verizon tether package.

Not by itself. You need to enter the phone programming mode and change a couple of settings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12