Losing Mobile Newtork since SkyRaider 2.5.2 / Radio 2.05

crump13

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Ever since I have rooted and added SR 2.5.2 with radio 2.05, I seem to lose my mobile network while at work peridically through out the day. I'm at my desk all day long and for part of today I have been listening to Pandora and now mobile network is gone. I haven't done anything different. I checked my network settings and my mobile network type is listed as CDMA-1xRTT when it should be EVO Rev A or something like that (I can't remember exactly). I have rebooted several times to see if it will come back bot so far it hasn't. This happened yesterday as well and it mobile network just mysteriously came back as mysterious as it left after about an hour. I'm not sure if it does this any other time since I'm on Wi-Fi when I'm at home or any place there is an open Wi-Fi signal. This is only day 2 with the Root/Rom/Radio upgrade.

Anyone have any suggestions on what I can check or do to stabilize my mobile network?

crump13

May 12, 2010
Visit site
It mysteriously appears.... I'm still sitting at my desk phone in the same place, and it vibrates indicating an email so I check it and mobile network is back after about an hour or so. Not sure why this is happening.

st8fan19

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Same thing has happened to me since I flashed the SkyRaider 2.5.2 ROM w/sense. If I restart it once or twice though it comes back and seems to be okay.

I am running the 2.15.00.07.28 radio though.

crump13

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Same thing has happened to me since I flashed the SkyRaider 2.5.2 ROM w/sense. If I restart it once or twice though it comes back and seems to be okay.

I am running the 2.15.00.07.28 radio though.

I guess it is not the radio that is the issue since we are both experiencing the issue and we have different radios. There must be something with SR 2.5.2.

crump13

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Now Mobile Network is gone again for me. Still sitting at my desk and have rebooted three times. This is crazy. But this time my Mobile Network type is listed as CDMA-EvDo Rev.A.. Scratch that, I'm at CDMA-1xRTT now and my signal strength is -78dBm which is pretty good considering I'm in the 90s at home.

Last edited:

st8fan19

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
yeah im not sure, here's what i'm running

ROM: SkyRaider 2.5.2 w/Sense
Radio: 2.15.00.07.28
Rooted with Unrevoked
Flashed new Radio with Unrevoked forever

Haven't installed a new kernel yet, was debating on doing that, but might try figure out this bug before i get into that.

I have been watching it all day and it has stayed on for me. It is only when i restart my phone that sometimes it doesn't work, in Settings>Wireless & Networks>Mobile network it just shows "Connecting..." when it isn't working, like it can't fully connect to the server.

I'm not sure what exactly it is. Maybe others can chime in with input.

crump13

May 12, 2010
Visit site
It seems to be getting worse for me. I'm on wi-fi now as my mobile network is still not working. I have left work and I'm at my sister's house and I never had issues getting signal here. I don't think this ROM likes me or my phone.

Just out of curiosity, are you a former Alltel customer that got migrated to Verizon in the merge?

Send from my Droid Incredible.

gotroot801

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I've had the same problem with every leaked Froyo OTA and SkyRaider 2.x ROM I've tried. Turning airplane mode on then off brings back Mobile Network for me.

2.05 radio, BTW.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
For what it's worth, I'm running the 2.15 radio and Skyraider and don't have these issues. Didn't have them with the 2.05 radio either. In fact never had it with any Froyo or other ROM I have tried. Have you tried a *22899 program yet? Did you clear your cache and data when installing the ROM?

crump13

May 12, 2010
Visit site
For what it's worth, I'm running the 2.15 radio and Skyraider and don't have these issues. Didn't have them with the 2.05 radio either. In fact never had it with any Froyo or other ROM I have tried. Have you tried a *22899 program yet? Did you clear your cache and data when installing the ROM?

I did the *22899 on Thursday when you suggested in the other thread I started. I also cleared data and cashe during the ROM install process.

I had a problem with mobile network when I had to do a master reset two weeks ago. Apparently during the reset and program (*228 option 1) process my mobile network settings didn't get updated automatically llke they should have and this was an issue VZW was having with former Alltel customers. To fix the issue I had to go into ##778 to correct settings in there that are typically done automatically during the reset and programming process. So that is the reason I had asked i those experiencing this issue are former Alltel customers to see if it is something like that. I'm grasping at straws trying to figure this out so I don't have to revert back to 2.1 and wait for the OTA.

I have gone into ##778 since doing the root/rom/radio update and made a few changes in there and I'll see it that helps. And if so I'll post those changes.

apaq

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I am an old alltel customer too, so I am very interested on this. if ##778 works please let me know what you have changed. I have always had this problem when I am at work. I figured it was the PRL since the old alltel customers have a different PRL then the verizon ones. The only way to get the Verizon PRL is to change to a Verizon plan and I am not sure if I want to do that yet since my Alltel plan is so much better.

crump13

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I am an old alltel customer too, so I am very interested on this. if ##778 works please let me know what you have changed. I have always had this problem when I am at work. I figured it was the PRL since the old alltel customers have a different PRL then the verizon ones. The only way to get the Verizon PRL is to change to a Verizon plan and I am not sure if I want to do that yet since my Alltel plan is so much better.

I agree about the Alltel plan being much better. If I switch to a verizon plan then my monthly bill will increase by at least $25 so I'm trying to ride this Alltel plan as long as I can.

What are you doing to fix your Mobile network in the mean time? Are you doing the airplane mode and then out to bring it back everytime you lose it?

Last edited:

apaq

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I am not really doing anything to fix. I dont use my phone enough at work. It is annoying though when I do want to use it and the 3g drops. When I am at home I dont have trouble I figure it is because I live downtown Phoenix and there are probably Towers closer to me. What settings did verizon tell you to change in ##778?

apaq

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I also have a feeling that this is causing my phones battery to drain faster since it is always trying to connect.

crump13

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I also have a feeling that this is causing my phones battery to drain faster since it is always trying to connect.

Since I did the RRR update my battery life has been worse then before. I usually get 15 - 19 hours on the 1750 Seido battery but now I'm lucky to get through the work day. I just updated my kernal with kingxkernel #2 which should help so I'll know more throughout the day.

Also I'll post the ##778 changes if I see that they make a difference. I'm on wi-fi now as I am at home but I'm getting ready to head out and that will let me test these changes better then just turning off wi-fi.

crump13

May 12, 2010
Visit site
RRR Update? do you mean the radio update?

Root ROM Radio

You can root without updating Rom or radio and you can update Rom without updating the radio (some roms require it for functionality thoigh). I was just clarifying after doing all three my battery life has suffered.

apaq

May 30, 2010
Visit site
ok gotcha. I have just rooted, forever, and radio 2.15. I have not seen a difference. my battery life has always sucked. Even before I rooted and everything my mobile connection would drop randomly at work.

My co worker has the same phone but has a verizon plan so he has different PRLs then me. That is why I think it is the PRLs that we are on for the Alltel plan. My PRL is 4066

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Weird issue for sure. Have you tried a hybrid Alltell/Verizon PRL yet? Dropping in and out of 3G wouldn't be caused by rooting or the ROM. The radio could cause it however and people have been reporting bad things with signal etc, but it was on the 2.15 radio not the 2.05. Have you thought about moving to the 2.15 radio to see if it makes a difference? In my phone I did get a 10 dbm drop when I moved to that radio.

crump13

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Weird issue for sure. Have you tried a hybrid Alltell/Verizon PRL yet? Dropping in and out of 3G wouldn't be caused by rooting or the ROM. The radio could cause it however and people have been reporting bad things with signal etc, but it was on the 2.15 radio not the 2.05. Have you thought about moving to the 2.15 radio to see if it makes a difference? In my phone I did get a 10 dbm drop when I moved to that radio.

I would have to do unrevoked forever to move to the 2.15 radio right? I'm not opposed to trying that if I can't revert back it there are issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz