KingxKlick Kernel OC/UV

crondable

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I haven't seen a thread here for these yet so I figured I would inform everyone!

I am running his second kernel right now, which is overclock-able to 1.19Ghz. He has also added SVS (Static Voltage Scaling) and HAVS (Hybrid Adaptive Voltage Scaling) to help increase battery life.

At 1.19 I am getting 38 in (new) Linpack, 1542 as my highest Quadrant, and a solid 27 FPS in Neocore. Stable for me thus far, will edit if any problems arise.

Wondering if anybody else has tried these and if they are having the same luck I am?

[KERNEL] [2.6.32.15] [HAVS] [OC] [UV] KiNgxKernel #2 "Long Live Battery" - xda-developers

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Been running it since he release. Comparable numbers and no issues. Still testing battery life on it. As of right now:

19hr. 16m 46s with 52% battery left. Pretty good! Actually really really good!

Cell standby is only 29% of the total and idle time is only 10%. WiFi and Android system being the biggest two suckers right now with my games right behind ;)

rpfarrah

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Been running it since he release. Comparable numbers and no issues. Still testing battery life on it. As of right now:

19hr. 16m 46s with 52% battery left. Pretty good! Actually really really good!

Cell standby is only 29% of the total and idle time is only 10%. WiFi and Android system being the biggest two suckers right now with my games right behind ;)

Qazme, what battery are you using?

TDAY#AC

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm using his #2 kernel with good luck. I charged overnight though so we'll see how my battery life compares to stock.

mwirtz

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
im guessing by the kernel version that this does support 802.11n but just wanna double check with you guys that have been running it

to answer my own question, yes it does

Last edited:

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I haven't either. Did find out though if I crank the OC to 119 it reboots my phone ;) Think I'll stick with the 1-1.113 range.

crondable

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I've never run 1.19 for too long, mostly just for fun. But I've been at 1.15 all day and have had no problems and excellent battery life. About 12 hours off the charger, and I'm at 64 percent. Now, I was at work all day so my usage wasn't too high, but with stock or Hydra I would normally be in the 35-40 range. I am also using the HTC 1500 battery, so that may help a bit.

rpfarrah

May 3, 2010
Visit site
In an attempt to achieve Qazme-like battery life, I've moved from the 3rd Wave ROM back to SR 2.5.2, Sense version. I have the same battery, radio, and Kingx #2 Kernal. Leaving it at stock speed.

Charging up for the first day's test as I type. Will post results later.

TDAY#AC

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I noticed pretty good battery life with the #2 kernel, but I went back to stock kernel on 2.5.2 because my phone was constantly hot, even when underclocking it. Great stability and speed though, I think I'm just being paranoid.

crondable

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
So I've decided today I am going to leave this thing set at 1.19 for the day, using the on-demand profile, and see what kind of results I get. It's been stable for me so far at this speed, I am hoping it stays that way!

Staticaxe

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I put the King's kernel #2 on today looking for some better battery life. Not so much looking for oc'ing.

Will see after full charge tonight, but it is stable and working well so far! :D

trock70

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I am going to jump on the bandwagon, can anyone point me to a good "how to" on changing kernels? This looks like too much fun and my replacement is now broken in.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

TDAY#AC

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Download the kernel, put it in the root of your SD card, open Rom manager, select install Rom from SD card, find the file in your SD card and you are good to go. As always, do a backup in case something goes wrong. Or just Google your question. IMO Rom manager is the easiest way for the kingx kernel #2. Other kernels might be done differently, but instructions should be given from where you download it. Or read the developers comments on it. There are a bunch if places to find the info you are looking for.

Last edited:

Staticaxe

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I am going to jump on the bandwagon, can anyone point me to a good "how to" on changing kernels? This looks like too much fun and my replacement is now broken in.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Are you already rooted, etc? If so you just grab the .zip file and drop it into the root of your sd card. Reboot into recovery and choose install zip from sdcard. Simple as that...

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Lovin' this. I can't comment on actual numbers for the battery, but I have seen in improvement in the last 5 or 6 hours since I've had this.

I haven't messed with the clock speed (someone want to clue me in there? :)), but I like this enough to jump to skyraider instead of CM6RC3.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12