How to get stock Android Unlock Screen

gniss39#AC

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, just recently rooted my phone and have skyraider 2.5.2 and 2.05 radio. I was wondering if there is a way to delete or change some file to go back to the stock android unlock screen. I know there is that no lock app but I am not interested in that.

Thanks in advance!

omgbeav

May 6, 2010
www.beavsgraphics.com
All credit goes to ihtfp69 from XDA for this.

Not 100% sure it'll work on Skyraider, but it worked just fine for me with the first leak.

Just remove or rename /system/app/HtcLockScreen.apk and /system/app/HtcLockScreen.odex in recovery. Make sure your system partition is mounted first. If you do this, you will not be able to use the alarms until you get a vanilla Desk Clock installed.

here's the code -

adb shell
rm /system/apps/HtcLockScreen.apk
rm /system/apps/HtcLockScreen.odex

Here's a link to the vanilla desk clock

Vanilla 2.2 Lockscreen with vibrate on new Leaked OTA 2.2 ROM - xda-developers

Fahrenheit

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
I tried this before on a rooted, stock 2.1 with Sense and it worked, except the swipe graphics moved up and down, instead of left to right. Also the clock was all messed up. I'd be interested to hear if this works properly on a different ROM.

gniss39#AC

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
This may be a stupid question, but how do I enter those command lines? In the Andorid SDK? I tried that but it couldn't find my phone. Any help is appreciated

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
This may be a stupid question, but how do I enter those command lines? In the Andorid SDK? I tried that but it couldn't find my phone. Any help is appreciated

Phone needs to have usb debugging turned on.
1. Menu --> Settings --> Applications --> Development --> usb debugging
2. Reboot your phone into recovery volume down + power.
3. Mount the /system partition in the partitions menu.

Then you need to open up an adb instance.
"Default location is C:\android-sdk-windows\tools\adb"

You need to open it with cmd prompt.

Start button run / or inside search box , type 'cmd' hit enter.
cd/
cd C:\android-sdk-windows\tools
adb shell
mv /system/app/HtcLockScreen.apk /system/app/HtcLockScreen.bak
mv /system/app/HtcLockScreen.odex /system/app/HtcLockScreen.odex.bak

You can replace mv with rm if you want to delete them instead of rename them. If you decide to do rm instead the command would be slightly different, and remember Android stuff is case sensitive!!

rm /system/app/HtcLockScreen.apk
rm /system/app/HtcLockScreen.odex

I suggest you use the mv command (move) instead of rm(remove) in case you decide to revert back at anytime!

Now place the deskclock.apk into the C:\android-sdk-windows\tools directory and issue, in cmd prompt, this command:

cd/
cd C:\android-sdk-windows\tools
adb push DeskClockGoogle.apk /system/app/DeskClockGoogle.apk

Restart your phone. Done and everything installed!

gniss39#AC

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks a lot for the post Qazme. But it seems I am not able to figure it out with your clear instructions. I think it might have something to do with the SDK not being properly installed on my computer. I have USB debugging on and I boot into recovery and mount the /system files. But when I try the command line cd C:\android-sdk-windows\tools I get a "The system cannot find hte path specified" message. Any ideas? Thanks so much!

randytho

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Try this:

Thanks a lot for the post Qazme. But it seems I am not able to figure it out with your clear instructions. I think it might have something to do with the SDK not being properly installed on my computer. I have USB debugging on and I boot into recovery and mount the /system files. But when I try the command line cd C:\android-sdk-windows\tools I get a "The system cannot find hte path specified" message. Any ideas? Thanks so much!

once your at the cmd prompt type cd \
then cd \sdk
then cd \tools
that will put you into your sdk tools folder ;)

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site

You must have installed your SDK to a different location. Just substitute what I have with what you have. C:\"location of installation"\tools

once your at the cmd prompt type cd \
then cd \sdk
then cd \tools
that will put you into your sdk tools folder ;)

Only if he has renamed his SDK installation folder to sdk. That's what I do for easy and the command ends up being:

cd/
cd /sdk/tools

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87