With all this OTA stuff, I have a couple of thoughts.

Kratzer

May 1, 2010
Visit site
1. Going to the RUU sets us (rooted, custom ROM people) back many ways. Loose Root (sort of), gain bloatware...etc.

2. All we are going to gain is a bit of stability, maybe, by going to the RUU.

3. The cooks will strip the good out of the RUU and implement it by a week from now, and we will gain all the pluses of the RUU, without the bloat and with the extras the developers have cooked up.

Am I accurate on this?

I'm gonna wait and see what Skyraider does with this before I jump.

howser87

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Sounds about right, I am staying on SR 2.5.2 until I hear fantastic things about a new release with the OTA features rolled in. I like 2.5.2 just fine right now.

NoobTube

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Ok...I have .79 hboot and 2.05 radio. I am all for sticking with SR untill something is cooked off of the ruu. But will a cooked OTA include updated radio and hboot or should I do that first....Also what the hell does upgrading hboot do for me?

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Eh I'm just going to take the rooted rom striped out of the ruu already. And cook my own ROM. I've played with enough ROM now I understand what they are doing with them. And it's not hard to replicate what SR is doing at all. Just takes the time to sit down and do it. So I think I'm going to do it myself tonight, actually right now, and see what I can come up with. If it's no good then when SR or preferably Koush pushes out a really nice vanilla rom I'll do that. But I got confidence in myself lol!

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Eh not in it for the money. Working on it now. Once it's done I may post it. However if anyone wants it I can possibly put together some batch files and a nice package to make your new Froyo OTA rooted deodexed ROM vanilla like Skyraider 2.5.2 was.....thats what I have running now but with the King BFS #1 kernel at 1.113. Running REALLY good right now. Looking into cooking it into a ROM possibly, just don't know if there is a real call for it with all the different ROMs we have out.

Main reason I decided to do it for myself was the awkward turn Skyraider seems to be going, just doesn't match my personal tastes at all.

Kratzer

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, truth be told, I don't mind his little steampunk guy, but making him locked in on the notifcation bar is a little....eh.

How's the custom treating you?

trock70

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Eh I'm just going to take the rooted rom striped out of the ruu already. And cook my own ROM. I've played with enough ROM now I understand what they are doing with them. And it's not hard to replicate what SR is doing at all. Just takes the time to sit down and do it. So I think I'm going to do it myself tonight, actually right now, and see what I can come up with. If it's no good then when SR or preferably Koush pushes out a really nice vanilla rom I'll do that. But I got confidence in myself lol!

I knew it was only a matter of time. Good luck and share your progress!

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, truth be told, I don't mind his little steampunk guy, but making him locked in on the notifcation bar is a little....eh.

How's the custom treating you?

Working great right now. The scores are higher now than I've ever seen my phone do on a 1.113 O/C. No force closes, no app issues, and I still have some of the nicer apps that I missed from the skyraider line, like the deskclock etc. BUT all the bloatware, Verizon stuff, and things that run in the background I don't like or need is gone!

I knew it was only a matter of time. Good luck and share your progress!

LOL, yeah I've been baking on the idea for awhile and I've played around with reconfiguring things, removing apps, adding apps, modifying files etc. So I guess now would be just as good of a time as any.

The one thing that sucks is that pretty much everyone's ROMs based off this will be the same for the most part. So I don't expect miracles over anyone else's, it's just nice to have my own mix of things I like and don't like modified!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma