My wife's droid- I unrevoked 3'd it. But to do that I had to go to the 2.05 radio. She hated 2.5.2 skyraider, and made me go back to her nandroid or 2.1 stock. Now she has clockwork mod, 2.05 radio, and everything else is stock. What happens when the OTA comes to her frequency? Will it update, and all is good with the world, or do I need to revert her radio and get rid of clockworkmod or something? How do I do this?
    08-29-2010 07:22 PM
    If you want piece of mind I would suggest rolling her phone to stock non-rooted etc.

1. Download the PB31IMG.zip and place it onto your SD card. Make sure your card is formatted FAT32 or it won't work.

2. Turn your phone off.

3. Reboot your phone into hboot. (hold down volume down + power)

Now once your phone get into the boot loader you will see a blue bar show up on the right side of the screen. It is checking and verifying the PB31IMG.zip file.

4. It will ask you "Do you wish to install" press volume up to select yes.

5. It will flash the file do it's thing and then ask if you wish to reboot your phone. Press volume up for yes.

Once your phone reboots you are back to a 1.00 radio stock non-rooted 2.1. Await your update.

Now with all that said you will probably still receive your update. But do the above if you are worried about it.
    jmcsmith likes this.
    08-29-2010 09:04 PM
    My wife's droid- I unrevoked 3'd it. But to do that I had to go to the 2.05 radio. She hated 2.5.2 skyraider, and made me go back to her nandroid or 2.1 stock. Now she has clockwork mod, 2.05 radio, and everything else is stock. What happens when the OTA comes to her frequency? Will it update, and all is good with the world, or do I need to revert her radio and get rid of clockworkmod or something? How do I do this?
    It will not update.

Here's a link to the completely stock but rooted OTA update.
    08-30-2010 08:48 AM
    Update- just decided to flash 2.15 and go with virtouso's stockish rom for 2.2.

I flashed over, and it worked perfectly. so far not a single hiccup. I will get some quad scores up here shortly.
    08-30-2010 05:34 PM
    Update- just decided to flash 2.15 and go with virtouso's stockish rom for 2.2.

I flashed over, and it worked perfectly. so far not a single hiccup. I will get some quad scores up here shortly.
    yes, So far this is a good one.
    08-30-2010 06:34 PM
    scores were very disappointing. And also my sync icon in the notification bar would not go away. Thought this could be the rom I liked, oh well. Back to SR
    08-30-2010 08:12 PM
    scores were very disappointing. And also my sync icon in the notification bar would not go away. Thought this could be the rom I liked, oh well. Back to SR
    Cyanogen FTW. Of course only if you like vanilla!
    08-30-2010 08:51 PM
    I like everything about vanila except the lock screen. Call it crazy but I hate sliding my finger across to unlock and like sliding it down.

Did get the fastest scores on cyanogen though. And that was without Ocing.
    08-30-2010 09:15 PM
    Joystick unlock / wake in Cyanogen settings, then you don't even have to touch the screen.
    08-31-2010 03:26 AM
    Joystick unlock / wake in Cyanogen settings, then you don't even have to touch the screen.
    I like the Cyanogen ROM, but can't live without wifi tethering and mobile hotspot.
    08-31-2010 07:42 AM
    I like the Cyanogen ROM, but can't live without wifi tethering and mobile hotspot.
    Then install them!?!
    08-31-2010 11:19 AM
    If you want piece of mind I would suggest rolling her phone to stock non-rooted etc.

1. Download the PB31IMG.zip and place it onto your SD card. Make sure your card is formatted FAT32 or it won't work.
    2. Turn your phone off.

Now once your phone get into the boot loader you will see a blue bar show up on the right side of the screen. It is checking and verifying the PB31IMG.zip file.

5. It will flash the file do it's thing and then ask if you wish to reboot your phone. Press volume up for yes.

Once your phone reboots you are back to a 1.00 radio stock non-rooted 2.1. Await your update.

Now with all that said you will probably still receive your update. But do the above if you are worried about it.
    How would I go about making sure my SD card is formatted to FAT32?? I'm thinking about unrooting so that I can manually install update.zip file for froyo..
    08-31-2010 11:29 AM
    Mount it as a disk drive. Right click your sd drive and select properties. Look at what is says the file system is!
    jayhawkfan18 likes this.
    08-31-2010 01:06 PM
    Mount it as a disk drive. Right click your sd drive and select properties. Look at what is says the file system is!
    & if it's not, how would I re-format it? (sorry for the rookie questions and for hijacking this thread).

Here is my situation: I really just want the easiest and most simple way to update to froyo. I really don't care too much about root at this time. Currently, I'm rooted with Unrevoked, have not run Unrevoked forever, have not updated my radio, have not flashed any ROMs of any sort. Stock 2.1 with root. What would be the easiest method for me at this point? Something written for dummies would be great lol.

I managed to root without a problem but I don't have much confidence in my abilities to follow some of the instructions that are on this site... only reason I rooted to begin with was for free wifi tethering (which I also managed to get working somehow) and for screen shots and using the camera flash for a flashlight. Rarely use wifi tethering (and I believe you have instructions on how to do that without root after froyo somewhere on this forum), don't care about screen shots anymore , & froyo adds the flashlight so I'm good there (kinda need that)...

I wouldn't mind if I lost all my apps/settings, but if there is a way to keep it all that would be just fantastic.

I appreciate all of your help, Qazme
    08-31-2010 01:41 PM
    & if it's not, how would I re-format it? (sorry for the rookie questions and for hijacking this thread).

Here is my situation: I really just want the easiest and most simple way to update to froyo. I really don't care too much about root at this time. Currently, I'm rooted with Unrevoked, have not run Unrevoked forever, have not updated my radio, have not flashed any ROMs of any sort. Stock 2.1 with root. What would be the easiest method for me at this point? Something written for dummies would be great lol.

I managed to root without a problem but I don't have much confidence in my abilities to follow some of the instructions that are on this site... only reason I rooted to begin with was for free wifi tethering (which I also managed to get working somehow) and for screen shots and using the camera flash for a flashlight. Rarely use wifi tethering (and I believe you have instructions on how to do that without root after froyo somewhere on this forum), don't care about screen shots anymore , & froyo adds the flashlight so I'm good there (kinda need that)...

I wouldn't mind if I lost all my apps/settings, but if there is a way to keep it all that would be just fantastic.

I appreciate all of your help, Qazme
    Oh man you are soooo close. Read this - http://forum.androidcentral.com/show...038#post318038
    08-31-2010 02:17 PM
    Oh man you are soooo close. Read this - http://forum.androidcentral.com/show...038#post318038
    You are AWESOME!

For my specific situation, since I am already rooted, I can start at step 5? The gf is gonna kill me cuz I am determined to figure this out, tonight!!
    08-31-2010 02:41 PM
    Yes!
    08-31-2010 02:46 PM
    I noticed the posting on here and i think it could be helpful to me but I am not really clear on everything...hopefully the person that was posting or anyone else that may know can help me out a little and explain it to me??? Here is your post I am referring to:
    Originally Posted by Qazme

2. Turn your phone off.

I have the Evo 4G. I have 2 of them actually (long story) and the one that is NOT currently active through sprint is the one that is having the issue. I use it sometimes at home to access my old apps or to check my emails via wifi (it used to be my primary phone). Well one day...I have NO IDEA what i did....i am always messing with stuff...but for some reason when i turned the phone on it just started rebooting over and over AND OVER and would not stop. That has continued since then and I don't know how to fix it. I can not seem to get into any of the settings or the main screen bc it just wont stop rebooting. The only way to stop it is to take out the battery. If I leave the battery in and the power on it eventually will go to a screen that says: Sorry! Process system is not responding. Force close or Wait are my two options. Selecting them just takes me to a black screen.
    Anyway, so it sounds like the instructions given to the other guy might work for me but I am totally clueless about EVERYTHING with phones pretty much so I dont even understand the basic stuff. Like...how do i go about downloading that thing to my sd card??? My sd card is in my phone and my phone is broken....soo??? idk??? Should I use my OTHER phone to do it??? And in case that means i should be using my usb cable to connect my phone to my computer or something...my usb cable is ALSO currently not working bc for some unknown reason it says device is not recognized everytime i try to plug it in to my computer. But since i have another evo maybe i can just use that sd card and switch it to this phone or vise versa or something?? I dont even know how to go about downloading something to the sd card to begin with?? will it just give me that option when i click the link to download it using my other evo (the working one??)
    Sorry if this is confusing...hopefully someone can help me out i would appreciate it greatly. You can email me at stacey161616@aol.com or reply to this. Hope to hear from you soon.
    Thanks
    06-20-2011 04:29 PM
    Stacy,

The instructions you are quoting are for an Incredible not an EVO. Do not load Dinc software on an EVO. It will be bad.

With that said - before reflashing a ROM try booting into Clockwork recovery, clear cache and dalvik, under advanced and then run Fix Permissions under Advanved. That should help the force closes.

Good luck.
    06-20-2011 07:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD