Skyraider 3.0 RC3

dmoney17

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Skyraider RC3 is running very well for me. It has been extremely stable and I'm so happy for that. Now that I'm using setCPU app I have been getting good battery life. I know Sense uses more resources than Vanilla, but the battery hasn't been an issue for me (am still using the original battery that came with the DINC). I was thinking of trying CM 6.0.1, but not sure how stable that is yet. Plus, I really like some of the Sense widgets (especially for the mail program) and I'm not sure if I'm ready to give those up.

I just realized that I'm still running RC2. I haven't upgraded to RC3 yet because I love the 5x4 homescreen setup. I know that most people don't like that setup because of overlapping widgets. But I love the extra screen real estate. I really haven't had an overlapping problem, but that is probably due to how I have my screens set up.

jdposhkus

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I just realized that I'm still running RC2. I haven't upgraded to RC3 yet because I love the 5x4 homescreen setup. I know that most people don't like that setup because of overlapping widgets. But I love the extra screen real estate. I really haven't had an overlapping problem, but that is probably due to how I have my screens set up.

Hey D$
I am rocking the exact same setup as you. Do you use SetCpu? If so how is your battery life? I am not wowed by the battery life. I tried King Kernal #1 and I could watch the battery drain. #2 Seems better a bit better, but it has only been day maybe it will improve.

dmoney17

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I do use setCPU and it has definitely helped with battery life. I find that I easily get through a full day of use. I am using Kingx kernel #2 that came with RC2 and it has been working great. Not sure if I want to upgrade to RC3 and lose the 5x4 real estate.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Echoes

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I sat with the KxK #2 kernel which came with RC3 for a while. I used it in conjunction with SetCPU, without SetCPU, tried it in all sorts of different configurations. Call me crazy, but I actually like my performance and battery life better with Hydra's OC/UV 1.0 kernel running on its own.

Just my thoughts.

Jett2314

May 2, 2010
Visit site
my phone is starting to restart randomly a ton now, what should I do? =(

If it was me I would look at the last couple apps I installed to see if that is causing the issue. After that I would flash another Rom. Skyraider version 2.5 worked well for me.

An incredible guy

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm running the sr 3.1 and my phone was freezing, restarting, boot looping, etc...
Now everything (except maybe battery life) seems to be working fine
I'd I'm not mistaken it was all caused by attempting to overclock...check your profile on setpcu and see if it's overclocking when the freezing or rebooting happens because as soon as I set my profiles back to 998 everything worked well.
Let me know if this helps you

galactor

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I asked over at the XDA website, but was wondering if anyone here can give me some feedback. I'm trying to install the latest version of Adobe Flash and was told that signature has to be sync with Hulu in order for Hulu to work. Since I don't care about Hulu I uninstalled and tried to manually install the latest Flash apk. That didn't work either. I tried to remove the current Flash version before updating, but I can't find it in the system directory. Suggestions?

EDIT: Issue solved!

Last edited:

SpaceLord#AC

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Can someone tell me if I should instal the latest OTA update by Verizon? It's bugging the crap out of me, always prompting me to install. I am running 3.0 RC3, Kernel 2.6.32.15-king-HAVS-Oc-Uv erik@ubuntu #1, baseband 2.05.00.06.11

Thanks

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Don't install the OTA update upgrade to SkyRaider 3.3.3 first and after that install the 3.3.4 update without wiping which will get rid of the update notice. The 3.3.3 Rom and 3.3.4 update can both be found here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze