Incredible w/ Froyo - Non Rooted - NEED TO ROLLBACK

bobonut

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Have an Incredible, was running stock 2.1, non rooted. Heard there was a manual Froyo ROM and I updated the phone and it worked great. Here is my problem, I HATE FROYO. Its got all this bloatware that I cannot kill/uninstall, and it is driving my battery into the ground. I want things back to what they were, or at least install a custom froyo without the bloatware, and am having no luck. I tried to install the SkyRaider Sense Rom 2.5.2 but at the recovery panel, I keep getting a Signature Verification Failed error. I am not making the .zip.zip mistake. I'd like to try this ROM, or just simply go back to 2.1, but don't know how. Again, I am not rooted, not a su, and am an afficiando and not a programmer so I don't understand all the lingo being used on the other threads to be honest. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. Not interested in rooting. Would just like a phone with some cool features minus the SkypeMobile, AmazonMP3, Flickr, News and Weather ETC ETC ETC bloatware. Thanks.

afturburn

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Downgrading your incredible

Ah,,, here is the solution for the official 2.2 not rooted roll back.

The below is for the leaked OTA from before the official release.

The video and files will show you how to flash an older boot image using adb tools. I used this to downgrade my leaked froyo back to stock image. I think you do need Clockwork recovery mod though.

RUU to Downgrade Your Incredible

If you already have PB31IMG.ZIP then you only need these additional files to complete the process. This will save you some dl time.

Files needed (Minus PB31IMG.ZIP)

Here is PB31IMG.ZIP by it self.

You want to use the second set of instructions and follow the video. Whole process took me like 10 minutes.

Link to You Tube Video to Downgrade 2.2 phone

Last edited:

bobonut

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Thank you! Sorry if this is a noob question, but how do I get the SDK to actually push these files via terminal? Back to the basics for this user! Appreciate the help....

joecredible

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
i dont know if this true or not but pretty sure it is, you kinda have to be rooted to run a new rom, so thats probably why it wouldnt let you do it...
just saying, clockwork mod is a replacement recovery for your stock recovery which is accessed by holding volume down+power while phone is off, then scrolling down to recovery and hitting the power button, once there hit volume up and it brings you to recovery. thats how you load new roms and zip files. and why not interested in rooting, it opens up a whole new world to your phone and is awesome and extremely easy.

bobonut

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Wiling to try it, just need to know how/where to get the SDK so I can access my phone via terminal so I can push the files on to that are needed to do the downgrade first...

afturburn

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, my bad. I didn't think this one through. Unless you are already rooted, you can't roll back. I even tried the system wipe / factory reset / cache wipe ... all of them. It keeps going to 2.2 build. I'm stuck till they figure out how to root the DiNC Frozen Yogurt 2.2.

Crap. I totally failed to do Unrevoked forever.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar