Big noob asking: Possible to root once the OTA 2.2 is installed?

ABad Santa

May 13, 2010
Visit site
First of all, sorry guys I'm a huge noob when it comes to this hacking stuff. I don't know how to program and I'm not that savvy when it comes to hacking.

I've done quite a bit of researching and browsing on here but it's hard to get a clear answer because i am unfamiliar with a lot of the lingo everyone uses- I wanted to know what would be the best process for rooting my OTA 2.2 incredible. Do I have to go back to 2.1, or can i root directly from my OTA 2.2?

Like others, I am frustrated with the froyo update and want to root my phone.

Thank you everyone in advance, these forums and the people on it have also been very helpful to me, and i really appreciate that.

Incrediboy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
As I understand it, they are almost in a position to release an "Unrevoked" which would be capable of rooting a 2.2 Incredible.

Otherwise, you are going to have to downgrade (I think they call it RUU) and then root..

douger

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
First of all, sorry guys I'm a huge noob when it comes to this hacking stuff. I don't know how to program and I'm not that savvy when it comes to hacking.

I've done quite a bit of researching and browsing on here but it's hard to get a clear answer because i am unfamiliar with a lot of the lingo everyone uses- I wanted to know what would be the best process for rooting my OTA 2.2 incredible. Do I have to go back to 2.1, or can i root directly from my OTA 2.2?

Like others, I am frustrated with the froyo update and want to root my phone.

Thank you everyone in advance, these forums and the people on it have also been very helpful to me, and i really appreciate that.
What has you frustrated about Froyo? Rooting isn't likely to help...

douger

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I've heard there are pros to the rooted version, mainly due to the fact that you can install it without the bloatware that verizon adds.

There are lots of pros to rooting.

The cons? Look through this forum and others for the cries of "bricked" phones and other niceties.

If you're good at following instructions...and don't proceed if you don't understand something...you shouldn't have any problems.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livinlavidaloca