Trying to Update to 2.2 - How to Remove ClockworkMod?

anon(19114)

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I rooted 2.1 with the intention of applying the RUU, but I got the OTA the next day. I applied S-OFF using unrEVOked forever and I have the Superuser Permissions app on my phone. Now I'm unable to update because I have ClockworkMod recovery. I know that I'm supposed to go back to stock recovery using the PB31IMG package, but I have no idea how to do this. Everyone says that I just need to put the .zip on the root of my SD card and it will just happen, but nothing happens when I boot into hboot. Can someone please help me out here?

Skidooo

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I was in the same boat you are in. The following link from XDA developers has info that you need but here are specific links to help you out.

First you need to get back to stock. See the following link with video:

[VIDEO] HowTo UnRoot Incredible by downgrading - Android Forums

Once you downgrade you need to get to version 1.22.605.2. To do this download and apply the may update. The following link has info for this:

Getting your phone ready for the FroYo update.zip! - xda-developers

After this apply the update.zip for Froyo.

If you want root and clockwork recovery after Froyo, follow this link:

OTA 2.2 Update With Root Made Easy - xda-developers

You will be condition 4.

I don't know why this is not working for you. You need to put the PB31IMG.zip on the root of the SD card and then get into HBOOT by holding down the power and volume buttons at the same time. Once you do this, you will get a white screen and the PB31IMG.zip update should be applied automatically.

Here is the original link to the XDA posts dealing with the Incredible Froyo update for your reference:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=770091

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital