Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Yet another by the king!

Kernel #1

- First kernel release
- Synced with the latest code drop from htc
- BFS Scheduler patched up to BFS330
- Applied and tweaked BFS330 test patch on top
- Voltage tweaks for battery life (245Mhz is $$$)
- Higher clock speeds will be MUCH more stable now! (1.113=ez)
- Battery charging tweaks to allow your battery to charge faster
- Be sure to wipe dalvik cache before flashing
- Compiled with neon arm optimizations
- Included tun.ko for OpenVPN support
- EXT4 support
- Underclocked for long battery life
- Using AVS voltage scaling system
- Compiled with neon optimizations
- ALL CPU governors supported
- Interactive governor supported
- Interactive governor set to default
- Using CFQ I/O scheduler
- BFQ I/O scheduler supported
- Quadrant scores are high, even if you are NOT OC'ed testers have reported
- Much much more I need to add, it is a first kernel release

http://kingxklick.com/kernels/KiNgxKernel-Inc-AOSP-1-BFS330-2.6.32.15-Flashable.zip

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site

crondable

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Wow. Easily the highest Quadrant score I've ever achieved on any ROM/Kernel combo. Can't really judge battery life considering I work all day today, but I doubt it will be any worse then with the stock Ruby kernel...

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
NO it doesn't work on Sense based ROMs for those you need to get the other King kernels #2/3 I think he's up too on those. This is for AOSP roms only!! If you install this on a Sense rom you will only boot loop!

crondable

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I saw a couple people over at xda claim they were running this kernel on the latest Virtuous, but I haven't been following the thread too closely, so it may have turned out they were using a different King kernel! Kinda hard to keep track of them all these days haha!

rugbyua9

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I saw a couple people over at xda claim they were running this kernel on the latest Virtuous, but I haven't been following the thread too closely, so it may have turned out they were using a different King kernel! Kinda hard to keep track of them all these days haha!

I was one of those people (rugbydroid). The kernel runs on Virtuous for me. I just decided to try out #4 instead.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Wow so AOSP kernels run on sense roms, but not the other way around? That's weird....

Installed it with Ruby 1.1.1 and I must say it's running really nice and everything works!

Last edited:

jdazzr

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Just installed this and am liking it better that 5. But I still need to give it a full run. first thing i noticed with 5 was the unlock slider lagged on the first attempt. sometimes needing it twice. with this one its faster than my thumb. haha

Last edited:

wkupike2000

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Best battery?

I was one of those people (rugbydroid). The kernel runs on Virtuous for me. I just decided to try out #4 instead.

I just rooted and am using Virtuous with the Custom Kernel. With your experience (and anyone else who can help), which Kernel is best for maximized battery life for an average everyday use?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon