KiNgxKernel #5 "It's Fixed"

eRod v1.0

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
New kernel from Kingx. So far so good for me.

KingxKlick Forums • View topic - [KERNEL] [2.6.32.15] [HAVS] [BFS] KiNgxKernel #3/#5

Changelog:
- BIG update!
- Voltage regulator changes (now using the correct one)
- HAVS code fixed (HAVS now functioning correctly!)
- HAVS code cleaned up
- LONGER battery life due to HAVS functioning correctly
- EXT4 now compiled as a module for those with bad boot.img sectors
- Minor patches to the BFS scheduler (the big one is wip)
- Fixed memory leak in vmem
- Voltage tweaks
- Kernel size squashed a bit
- More I will add

dharr18

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Is the tun.ko still in this release? I am running a hydra kernel now, but willing to try something else if I can improve battery life and have good performance with virtuous 2.7.

jdazzr

May 26, 2010
Visit site
ok. so ive decided to try this one cause iv been thinkin about a kernel lately. i so i loaded it, went into recovery, chose zip from sd , and nothing ...... where did i go wrong? when i look at my sd card on my computer its there. but not on the green list....?

disregard. it was below the line..... :facepalm:

Last edited:

jdposhkus

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I slapped this on yesterday and I could literally watch the battery percentage drop...Ill try it again later when I am not working.

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I threw this on yesterday with uncommon sense final beta and it was really choppy. Went back to the stock kernel. Did I miss something or is there a way to clean that up?

douger

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I threw this on yesterday with uncommon sense final beta and it was really choppy. Went back to the stock kernel. Did I miss something or is there a way to clean that up?

Not that I know of.

My experience with King's kernels is that they start out great...and as they get some time on them, the behavior becomes erratic.

I usually notice it first when it takes two or three swipes to unlock the phone. #5 is starting to do this...and I'm not using SetCPU at all.

I was actually happy with Adrynalyne's kernel, and I'll probably go back. The inner geek in me wants to see killer Quadrant and Linpack scores.

The owner simply wants a smooth running phone...

Echoes

May 25, 2010
Visit site

Yeah, I'm with you. Haven't strapped this one on yet, but Uncommon Sense seems to do best with stock kernels (though I'm on Hydra right now and getting pretty good results).

galactor

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Not that I know of.

My experience with King's kernels is that they start out great...and as they get some time on them, the behavior becomes erratic.

I usually notice it first when it takes two or three swipes to unlock the phone. #5 is starting to do this...and I'm not using SetCPU at all.

I was actually happy with Adrynalyne's kernel, and I'll probably go back. The inner geek in me wants to see killer Quadrant and Linpack scores.

The owner simply wants a smooth running phone...
I've been using King's #1 (HAVS-OC-UV) for about 2-3 weeks without issues. During the past 2 days I've seen a couple of FC but I think it had to do with extra apps I removed. Battery life is a lot better than stock (using setCPU too) and the phone seems more responsive than with stock kernel. I don't care about gaming on my phone so pretty happy thus far.

Psycomantix

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I have ran King's #4 for about 2-3 weeks without any FC issues and was much better then stock. I just loaded up King's #5 for a test go. So far so good.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer