Chrome to Phone borked?

MBSMD

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
To anyone who's installed a Froyo-based ROM lately, is your Chrome to Phone still working?

Mine's not... and while it's not exactly "all over" the XDA forums, there are several posts recently (since about Sept 15) where installing a new ROM seems to break C-to-P completely and - so far - permanently.

After installing Cyanogenmod 6.02 on my Inc., Chrome to Phone has stopped working. Then, last night for fun, I installed Virtuous 3.01. Phone got a full wipe. Still isn't working. Latest market version installed. Logged out/in on both phone and Chrome....

No one on XDA as come up with a fix yet, either.

Anyone else seeing this?

XideXL

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Yeah this has been a problem for me too. I downloaded FoxToPhone for Firefox the other day and it didn't work. I figured it must have been the plugin and then tried using Chrome to Phone through the Chrome browser and that didn't work either.

However, I have never had a stock 2.2 build. I rooted before I upgraded to Froyo and have been using nothing but custom ROMs, mostly Virtuous, and I do remember a point where it worked. I don't really use it a lot though so I couldn't say when exactly it started occuring.

I did also upgrade to the 2.15.00.09.01 radio a little while back, maybe that might have something to do with it?

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I've changed ROMs several times over the last week or so trying to find one I really like... every time I've had to sign in on the chrome app on my phone, but it seems to be working fine for me.

Putts

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I had an issue with C to P not working with Virtuous 2.6/2.7...I recently upgraded to Virtuous 3.0.1 and it still wasn't working, until I tried opening the C to P app on my phone, hitting "Disconnect phone", and then logging back into the app. It's been working great ever since.

MBSMD

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Seems I was able to solve the problem, though I don't know exactly which step solved it.

I logged out out of CtP on my phone and on the computer, deleted the CtP app on the phone and deleted the CtP extension in Chrome, rebooted both phone and desktop computer, reinstalled CtP on both, then logged in on phone then on Chrome.

Not sure what the key step was, but it's now working again. Even from work were I use the Firefox to Phone extension.

(Virtuous 3.01, Launcher Pro Plus, unrevoked forever)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois