Radio? What is it?

HardHitter#AC

May 1, 2010
Visit site
So I'm new to rooting and ROMS and kernals and all of that great stuff, but I finally rooted my Incredible after receiving the OTA official 2.2 Froyo update. I'm currently running Uncommon Sense ROM with the Hydra undervolt kernal (going to be trying out Kingxkernal soon, but I keep seeing peoples sigs and that have "Radio" in it.

What is this and do I need to update mine? Do I update it the same way I would update a kernal? Put it on my SDcard, recovery mode and install from SDcard?

Jett2314

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Not sure about all the details that radio does, but if you took the update your radio should be at 2.15.00.07.28. You can check it by going under settings-about phone-software. There you will see what your radio is at.

douger

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
So I'm new to rooting and ROMS and kernals and all of that great stuff, but I finally rooted my Incredible after receiving the OTA official 2.2 Froyo update. I'm currently running Uncommon Sense ROM with the Hydra undervolt kernal (going to be trying out Kingxkernal soon, but I keep seeing peoples sigs and that have "Radio" in it.

What is this and do I need to update mine? Do I update it the same way I would update a kernal? Put it on my SDcard, recovery mode and install from SDcard?

This is probably what you're looking for.

I read somewhere the one sure way to brick an Android is to bork a radio upgrade. Proceed with caution.

Radios IIRC are upgraded in hboot.

Most Froyo ROMs require the baseband to be 2.X.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel