Yay! I rooted - So now what are some must haves???

Stevez48

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I took a deep breath and rooted my DInc via UnrEVOked 3, and installed Titanium Backup.

I created a backup via Titanium and from Clockwork recovery as well... Now, the big question is - Is there a list of ROMs available? and also, what are some must have apps or things to do now that I have root.

Thanks all!!

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
You should get Rom manager premium and root explorer. With Rom manager you will be able to download find right from that program and easily manage back UPS. Root explorer will allow you do delete apps and manage your files.

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
XDA developers is where most ROM cooking goes on.

Also, wireless tether.

Oh, and as for ROMs, I suggest Virtuous 3.0.1, along with KingKernel BFS #5.

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
As far as ROMs go, Virtuous is good, Redemption has a lot of believers, Skyraider and Cyanogen are tried and true. I have been digging the uncommon sense final beta. Bottom line is you just have to try them all and see which on fits you best. With Rom Manager it's pretty easy to go back and forth between ROMs

douger

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
As far as ROMs go, Virtuous is good, Redemption has a lot of believers, Skyraider and Cyanogen are tried and true. I have been digging the uncommon sense final beta. Bottom line is you just have to try them all and see which on fits you best. With Rom Manager it's pretty easy to go back and forth between ROMs

+1

I'm right now doing what for me is living large...I'm running IncDoes' Desire HD Port.

The camera doesn't work, and I'm getting some FCs...but the new version of Sense is super sweet.

Stevez48

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I use my camera a lot, so am going to wait that one out until it comes out with a working version, but I am excited to try out the new Sense!

stellarforce

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Difference between regular and premium rom manager

Thanks for the advice guys, as far as Rom Manager goes, any ideas what the difference is between Premium and the Free?

With the premium version you get access to beta versions of some roms and kernals, and you're supporting the developer.

msnider73

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Do you all really believe that these roms are much better than the stock froyo?

Seems to me that other than bloatware on verizon's phones, the rom works pretty well?

If you can enlighten me, please do so...i'm asking just because i want to know if changing rom is really all its cracked up to be, before I get myself addicted :)

MBSMD

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site

Seems to me that other than bloatware on verizon's phones, the rom works pretty well?

If you can enlighten me, please do so...i'm asking just because i want to know if changing rom is really all its cracked up to be, before I get myself addicted :)
Depends on what you're looking for.

Many custom ROMs have wifi/USB tethering built in, newer versions of the Google apps than are included with the stock HTC ROM, added/modified/changed features to tweak certain system settings (or expose hidden settings), ability to reskin buttons, the notification bar, highlight colors, lock screens, etc.

Some drop HTC's Sense for a generic Android look & feel while some keep the Sense look (or parts of it) and HTC custom apps (HTC's mail app and widgets, for example).

Custom kernels let you overclock the phone's processor or underclock/undervolt for better battery life, dynamic clock speed adjustments, etc.

There are so many options and combinations, it's hard to describe them all. Some people want control of each and every potential option of their phone while others are happy to have a vendor-supported ROM with well-documented features and stability.

somekid13

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site

You have been warned it is addictive and yes there are some advantages like more availabilty of mod because of ROM deodexing and such. Awesome themes. Cool animation (pluralphasra, redemption revolution, etc).
Try them all. They all have their special features. Enjoy. And please do check out xda. They are right alot of ROMs there.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463