[ROM] Uncommon Sense (v1.0) Release!

barryhen

May 7, 2010
Visit site
i love this so far...have been using it for about 4 days...only one question, has anyone gotten the Hulu app to work? mine keeps saying my device is unsupported,...anyone have any advice on how to curtail that? i would love to catch up on some tv during my commute...

Psycomantix

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I also tried king #5. It does NOT work with this ROM. It sucks. It freezes and it's choppy as hell. Even at stock speed.

I have used King #5 for over a week now with no issues. I dont use SetCPU or anything just flash the kernal and let it do its thing.

atlas9171

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Not sure if it's been mentioned but I was just looking around in ROM Manager and noticed Uncommon Sense v1.1 is listed, not sure what changes were made from v1.0.

Here is the link http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=793315

Edit: here's the changes.
Google Voice Widget Themed
HTC Messages Widget Themed
HTC People widget themed
Fixed gap in HTC People Widget
HTC MMS Application Modded to inter-operate with music mod audio attatchments (thanks aiccucs)
Fixed White border artifact in framework
Fixed auto brightness bug
Fixed hardware button light bug
Modified default folder icon image in app drawer
Modded HTC News Widget to use smaller font to fix 'cut-off' issue
App Folders modded to include text shadows. (to help you see titles with lighter wallpapers)
Cleaned up full-screen widget footer images to round edges
Phone answer slider image enhancement
Fixed Phone icon reflecting through during HTC widget selection
Changed People and Messages icon images to vanilla (because I like them)
Injected Quick Office
Injected flickr
Default font pack changed to SegoeUI
Updated Busybox
Updated Google Maps
Updated Modded Flash Player
Updated DSPManager
Updated Rom Manager
Updated Google Car Home and Panel(thanks aiccucs) (check out the new customization options!)
Patched Google Car Panel to fix force-close when accessing 'android settings'(thanks ihtfp69)

Last edited:

dmoney17

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if it's been mentioned but I was just looking around in ROM Manager and noticed Uncommon Sense v1.1 is listed, not sure what changes were made from v1.0.

Here is the link [ROM] Uncommon Sense v1.1 (10/5/2010) - xda-developers

Edit: here's the changes.
Google Voice Widget Themed
HTC Messages Widget Themed
HTC People widget themed
Fixed gap in HTC People Widget
HTC MMS Application Modded to inter-operate with music mod audio attatchments (thanks aiccucs)
Fixed White border artifact in framework
Fixed auto brightness bug
Fixed hardware button light bug
Modified default folder icon image in app drawer
Modded HTC News Widget to use smaller font to fix 'cut-off' issue
App Folders modded to include text shadows. (to help you see titles with lighter wallpapers)
Cleaned up full-screen widget footer images to round edges
Phone answer slider image enhancement
Fixed Phone icon reflecting through during HTC widget selection
Changed People and Messages icon images to vanilla (because I like them)
Injected Quick Office
Injected flickr
Default font pack changed to SegoeUI
Updated Busybox
Updated Google Maps
Updated Modded Flash Player
Updated DSPManager
Updated Rom Manager
Updated Google Car Home and Panel(thanks aiccucs) (check out the new customization options!)
Patched Google Car Panel to fix force-close when accessing 'android settings'(thanks ihtfp69)

Does anyone know what the font is being used on v1.0? I really like that font and don't want to change from it if I don't have to. Also, can anyone provide screenshots of some of the changes above so we can see how they look? That might me determine if it's worth upgrading.

galactor

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I love this rom, the only thing I would like back is the stock music player.

Can I just copy back the old htc apk for this?
Yes you can. Just do "./adb push HtcMusic.apk /system/app". Once at the homescreen refresh the AppFolder and you should be good to go.

generous

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
1.1 and Custom Rosie Icon Remaps!

Hey guys, I see you already saw my pre-release of 1.1 on XDA. 1.1 has been released, and I've got tons of goodies.

You can now customize the right icon of your rosie bar. See the OP for links. Simply flash the rosie remap on top of your previous install. Do not wipe.

Details in the OP.

Remember, if you have a request for YOUR favorite app in the rosie bar, I need at-least a logcat. These remaps take a lot of time. If you enjoy them, feel free to buy me a redbull. Or not, its your call. :D

dmoney17

May 13, 2010
Visit site
generous,

Love the rom and great work. What is the font you are using on v1.0? I like it a lot. Is the font the same in v1.1? If not, is there a way to change it to the font in v1.0? Thanks.

generous

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Open up voice recorder, hit the menu key and click storage and set it to SD card. That will fix your issue.

Thank you times a million. IMO, this is a HUGE bug and this is the first time it has been reported to me. I will take care of this flaw.

To the member who lost his class lecture, I apologize. :(

generous

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
as far as the font goes what do you mean when you say"flash this into recovery " im kinda new to the world of rooting .

So, pretend its just another ROM. The same way you flashed uncommon sense, you want to flash this font pack. The only difference is, do not wipe your data. This goes on top of your existing setup.

Hope this helps.

TreoDru

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Love the ROM!
Is anyone else experiencing this: After being connected to car bluetooth and the Car Home app automatically comes on, when I exit it, I get the "multi screen" view (same screen you get when you tap the Home key on the home screen).

Kratzer

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone seen the "phone on a pile of bricks" icon in the notification bar? Some of us are getting it, and it's kind of a mystery.

Kratzer

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Look in the main dinc forum...its under the topic unusual notification icon. Its the tty icon. but why its coming up who knows?

dharr18

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I find that come up when I use headphones with a mic on them. Also a few of my stereo headphones will do the same. I think it is more an android thing, since I have seen similar icons on almost every rom and when I was stock.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol