Restoring Contacts?

msnider73

May 3, 2010
Visit site
After flashing to a new ROM, what is the best/easiest way to restore contacts that are already linked to facebook sense?

I've tried titanium backup, google back up and my backup pro and all have turned into a frustrating experience.

What do you all typically do?

finanandroid

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
If you flashed a new Rom so there is not contact link any more, mean that you have to link again reinstalling facebook HTC sense or facebook for android from the market, facebook for Android even create a folder in your phone with all your Facebooks contacts.

douger

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I let Google restore all of my contacts. I've never had a problem...once I figured out not to sync my workplace's Exchange contact list.

Mate E

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm experiencing the same problem.

The htc contact app can show contacts from different sources: Google, facebook, SIM, phone,...
It also allows you to link the contact data from different sources toghether so it shows as one contact. You can manually decide from which source you use the picture and name to show in the contact app.

Is there a way to restore these links after flashing a new rom ?
How do you handle this ?

n1ckym

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
What I did was before I flashed my ROM (uncommon sense which is awesome btw) I exported my contacts to my SD card...flashed...then imported them from the SD card. Probably not possible if you've already installed the new ROM :/

Mate E

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the export import idea. I did restore the original rom from a nandroid backup. When I have some time again I.ll try out out.