Virtuous Boot Loop... HELP!

LiquidBreadMan

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Just applied Virtuous using ROM Manager over a stock Froyo ROM rooted with Unrevoked and the DSP Manager installed. Now the phone keeps rebooting on me.

The status bar shows up, I get the sync animation, 3G connects and it stays up for 15 to 20 seconds before rebooting

I've pulled the battery several times and even tried a different battery in it. I've even pulled the SD card out and still get the same thing.

If I shut it down and then try to start it up while holding the volume up ti buzzes 3 times. I then have to take the battery out to get it to start up.

I've also wiped the Dalvik Cache.

Any help?

dirtbiker0025

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
something didnt take.... take the battery out wait like 10 seconds put it in. boot into hboot power and vol down at same time. scroll to recovery.. boot in to recovery then do a full wipe. factory data,cache,and dalvik.. then reapply your rom and it should fix it.... to be on the safe side try re downloading your rom off the internet again and go from there. to send the rom to your sd card while in recover goto mounts and i believe its at the bottom it will say use sd card or something to that extent. that will allow your computer to see the sd card and you can transfer over the file.... this happened to me when i downloaded redemptive revolution and for some reason the firefox said it was done and for some reason left out 80mbs lol but pm if you need more help.

LiquidBreadMan

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Lots of Replies... Thanks.

I did a ROM backup from ROM Manager. I also did a Titanium Backup.

I was able to restore from the nandroid restore menu option (vol down + power), so I got the phone back up and running, but I'd really like to get this thing going.

I tried to do the install again just now and it's been sitting on the Droid animation screen for over 30 minutes.

I guess I could pull the battery and do a restore again.

If I do a full wipe, then how do I get everything back on the phone after the ROM install (hopefully) works?

LiquidBreadMan

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so I did a wipe and install from ROM Manager and the phone came up just fine running Virtuous but, of course, none of my apps or settings were there. So then I booted back up into Recovery and restored just the data from my previous backup then I'm right back into the boot loop.

I wish there was a way to tell what's causing the phone to flip out.

dirtbiker0025

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Dude just wipe,cache wipe, and dalvik wipe load your rom and then just start from scratch.. obv one of your settings on the restore is conflicting with the rom. maybe deleting a key component or trying to restore part of a theme that isnt compatible.. your best bet is to get the rom working then start from scratch and manually dload your apps and sett your settings... yeah it takes time (maybe 30 mins) but at least it will work....

joverman56

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
ive had the same issue after the update and ive tried everything to resolve it. eventually i just gave up and restored the phone to the previous virtuous rom.

Echoes

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, boot loops are almost always caused by not wiping data/cache. Just wipe it, reapply, then use TitanuimBackup to restore your phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2