Roms & Mods HQ (2/8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

trock70

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Flashed version 21 last night and it seems a stable as the other besides 16 for me. I had a bunch of issues trying to upgrade to 21 thou. First for some reason I couldn't get my sdcard to mount with my computer and kept getting connection time out while trying to download in Rom Manager. I ended up putting it on the phone storage since I was able to mount that and just moved it to the sdcard using Root Explorer. Anyone else have issue mounting their sdcard on 19? I would connect using USB and select mount and the phone would freeze requiring a battery pull. Did I just say "battery pull" I think I'm having flash backs of the BB Storm.

Yer not kiddin'! "No this is not my storm, No this is not my storm." I'm having the same problems, hopefully it will get resolved soon.

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Update coming today! Show of hands, should I add the CM7 nightlies?

Edit: Done. Not many updates but done anyway. Still didn't add CM7 nightlies. Waiting for replies....

Last edited:

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I think adding CM7 nightly would be a great addition to a great thread you could just put a link to the nightly download page so it doesn't need to be updated daily.

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
MIUI 1.1.28.1

CAP201102071759.jpg

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I have yet to try Mui rom. I'm going to stick with CM7 until its an RC release. I am afraid that I'll miss some really sick updates. Its seems like there is a great feature added every few days.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Just figured I'd give you guys a heads up. Slayer posted his new .37 kernel. Its a beta but it is now a available.

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
I have yet to try Mui rom. I'm going to stick with CM7 until its an RC release. I am afraid that I'll miss some really sick updates. Its seems like there is a great feature added every few days.

You should give it a try. If not for a whole day, at least a few hours. Its really cool.

Update again today. Added CM7 Nightlies per request. I only added the link to the actual thread and nothing else. Incredibly Re-Engineered was also updated. I also included the link to slayher's new kernel (Thanks crondable & Brett)

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Just an FYI Incredibly Re-Engineered has been updated to 2.3 and has many new themes and Mods. I'm downloading now and will report back later on how it runs.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Haha Larry your slacking.

Trey, I'll def give it a shot over the weekend since you seem so passionate about it bring a solid rom (it must be really good). Right now Invisiblek's version if slayer's kernel is amazing. By now my battery would normally be at 60-70% but with his kernel its at 80%.

Trey, if mui sells me with great features and performance and I never use Cyanogen again, I'm blaming you haha.

crondable

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Right now Invisiblek's version if slayer's kernel is amazing. By now my battery would normally be at 60-70% but with his kernel its at 80%.

Seriously, this kernel is insane. These .37 kernels provide the best battery life I've ever had on this phone. I can actually use my screen at full brightness now!

Went to bed at 2am last night, with 93% battery. Woke up with 92% around 9am. It is now almost 3pm here in Phoenix and I still have 67% left. That is with my screen brightness all the way up, wi-fi and 3g on, and with a slight overclock to 1.07GHz.

scewbeedoo

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
noob here. like noobiest of the noobs, first post here. i just rooted my incredible, so now what? i'm totally lost, i have no idea what to do now. help? anyone?

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Glad you came. Welcome and Congrats. Well now that you're rooted you want to try out some sick Roms and you came to the right place.

I would say the first thing you should do is download Rom Manager. Its free and its in the Market. Once you have that, everything is a breeze. In Rom Manager they have the latest and greatest Roms available. Just click and download the Rom you would like to run. Most Roms have included themes and many options. A screenshot will show you what you're getting. Once you're done it will prompt you to reboot but first it will ask you if you would like to wipe cache and/or backup existing Rom. It is my opinion to always do both for two reasons. You wipe date and cache to get rid of any files from the previous Rom that may tamper with the new one and cause it to behave awkwardly. And always perform a backup in the event that something goes wrong doing the reboot process I.e. boot loops. If you perform a backup and you easily perform a restore that will take you to the previous image and get rid of all your worries.

Now lets talk about this thread. This thread gives you the extra Roms that don't make it to Rom Manager. Most Roms from Rom Manager make it here as well but we include the source of the download so you can follow changelogs, updates, more screenshots, and reviews. More importantly its to credit the creator. Downloading Roms from here require a 1 or 2 extra steps but I ensure you that its even easier than the root process itself (thanks to Rom Manager). I can help you with this =)

If you plan on downloading from your computer here you go: download the name of the Rom you would like to use. Connect your phone to your computer so that you may place this downloaded zip file onto your SD card. You can put it anywhere as long as you remember where it is. Once done, disconnect and your phone and load up Rom Manager. In Rom Manager select Install Rom From SD Card. There navigate through your SD Card, find and select your file. It will then prompt to reboot and ask if you would like to wipe and/or backup. From there, Rom Manager does its thing!

The other option is to download from your phone. Again, simply download the file from this thread directly from your phone. The zip file will go into a folder named Download. Once done, enter Rom Manager and again select Install Rom From SD Card. Open the download folder, find your Rom and boom. Same thing over again.

And that's it. There are other ways to download and install Roms but these two ways are the easiest. If you would like to know the other ways just ask and I will gladly help. If I can't help you I'm sure one of the other knowledgeable members that post regularly in this thread can help you.

Again welcome and Congrats on your successful root.

Edit: One last thing, I would also like to recommend an app called Titanium Backup. There is a free and paid version of the app. The paid version will help you backup and restore your Apps easily after performing a data wipe. There are other alternatives out there but again, I'm just trying to simplify things for you. If you're interested and need a tutorial for that as well, just let me know.

Last edited:
Reactions: scewbeedoo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC