Roms & Mods HQ (2/8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Ok buddy, you're right. You win.

Now can a mod please come and delete these posts so this thread is more informative and less bickering.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
NO, Its not just ABOUT the site you love! The incredible list has mods AND roms that you have not listed, so its ABOUT options.

THe only troll here is you brett! Don't hate on options. Remember, Android is OPEN!

yes android is about openness and options. this thread was created as a W.I.P for AC's own list of incredible roms. Many forums have a 1 stop shop so this way it is easy to see what is out and available. This is something that AC members or guests can go to and look at what roms other people are using. if you want to go to another site to look at Dinc roms, go for it. Do not start trouble within this forum just because you do not agree with people.

Please follow Android Central's rules

Now can a mod please come and delete these posts so this thread is more informative and less bickering.

done.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
so i have finally installed a rom. i picked the Virtuous 3.1 rom with the Incredible Evolution theme. i love this rom and theme. no lag and looks sick.

jdkoreclipse

Banned
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
so i have finally installed a rom. i picked the Virtuous 3.1 rom with the Incredible Evolution theme. i love this rom and theme. no lag and looks sick.

Just a quick heads up: the increvolution theme is based on slightly older firmware than Virtuous, so you are potentially downgrading your framework/ apps. If you want, i can port the theme to Virtuous, so any incompatibilities are worked out.

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Sorry guys ive been away. My wife is toward the end of her pregnancy so all of my attention has been there. I'll try to update when I can. Thanks for your patience.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Sorry guys ive been away. My wife is toward the end of her pregnancy so all of my attention has been there. I'll try to update when I can. Thanks for your patience.

Its all good. If you want I'll add stuff until you agree fully back.

and I never knew you were having a kid. Congratulations Trey

Reactions: TreyDaPrince

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
how do i install this?

Personally i have not tried the theme because i am currently running DInc does Desire Z,so i would like to add "Install at your own risk".

If i was to install that theme i would download it either by downloading it directly on my phone from the browser or you can download it on your computer and then just transfer it on to your SD card. Once you do that here are the steps to installing the the theme.

1) reboot into clockwork recovery

2) wipe cache (I personally wipe cache 2 or 3 times. I don't know why but I just do)

3) then install zip and select the file from your SD card.

4) once installed you just reboot your device and you're done

I see that you are currently running the themed rom currently. I do not know if you are using the one that is provided in rom manager or on the developers site. In any case if you if it is the old theme and you just want to update it to this one then i would get the install Virtious's rom first (without wiping) so that you start from a clean slate. This way by not wiping, your settings are still there but the theme is the stock one and you can start from a fresh slate.

Good luck man

jdkoreclipse

Banned
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I would try to get in contact with the dev and see what he says

That means you are d/ling from your phone....thats what happens when you dl/ from the server where it is located. Just use astro file manager on your phone to rename it to increv.zip from .bin...sorry for the inconvenience.

And Bret, please PM me, thanks

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I am going to edit the selection of roms soon so keep an eye out for it. I would do it now but it seems that a lot of the current releases of the top roms are having issues.

I am really looking forward to Lou's Redemptive Revolution (when there isn't an issue with force closes) because it has the power widget in the notification bar. I know you can get this with Cyanogen but I am so bored with vanilla android that I am holding off on installing it.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I have added the link to the Redemptive Revolution rom from Lou. I have installed it on my DInc and it works really well and is very smooth/fast.

Trey if you read this, please PM me. Nothing that is an emergency, just when you get a chance.

November 30th is right around the corner. Hope all is going well. Good luck Trey

blakeyece

May 29, 2010
Visit site
just finished installing the updated ported increv.zip that you told me to rename from .bin. what difference am i looking for? or is it not noticeable just updated files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech