03-08-2011 08:42 AM
316 ... 23456 ...
tools
    the Desire Z rom is only downloading at 2.2 megs... is that an error? i would really like to try this one out.. and is there a way you can link roms to there forum posts?
    Click the source link. Will take you there. Will check on it tomorrow.
    12-22-2010 11:12 PM
    I loaded SkyRaider Sense 3.5 last night and when I went to restore my apps form TB they were there but they were greyed out with a line through them... Any ideas?
    12-26-2010 11:14 PM
    I loaded SkyRaider Sense 3.5 last night and when I went to restore my apps form TB they were there but they were greyed out with a line through them... Any ideas?
    Those are the apps NOT loaded onto your phone yet that you have back ups of. Use batch to restore missing apps and data. Or select the programs individually to restore if you don't emt them all. :o
    12-27-2010 06:53 AM
    Just a quick note on a couple of ROMs I've tried that are running very good. The new SkyRaider Athena which is a nice combo of good parts of CM6 and Sense. Also, there is a new one called Incredibly Re-Engineered V1.00 that is freaking snappy as heck that is Sense based.
    12-31-2010 08:50 AM
    Just a quick note on a couple of ROMs I've tried that are running very good. The new SkyRaider Athena which is a nice combo of good parts of CM6 and Sense. Also, there is a new one called Incredibly Re-Engineered V1.00 that is freaking snappy as heck that is Sense based.
    The incredible re-engineered is a great rom. Very smooth and fast. Kind of a mix between stock and myn's rom. I added ziggy's new bfs beta kernal and its even better. I highly recommend it.

Sent from my Droid Incredible because I'm too lazy to walk over to my computer.
    12-31-2010 11:27 AM
    The incredible re-engineered is a great rom. Very smooth and fast. Kind of a mix between stock and myn's rom. I added ziggy's new bfs beta kernal and its even better. I highly recommend it.
    I had never flashed a kernel so I decided to try the Ziggy one you mentioned above with Re-Engineered....wow. Time will tell how it holds up, but this is a must load ROM (at least to check it out).
    12-31-2010 10:57 PM
    I've been using cyanogenmod 6.1 (stable) for a few days now. So far i love it. Battery life's about the same I haven't noticed any difference at all. The one thing I did notice is how smoother and faster everything is. The only thing I have a complaint about is that when I shut down my phone (everynight) all of my default apps I've set are cleared. My settings inside the apps remain the way I set them though. Other than that its an awesome rom!
    01-02-2011 08:18 AM
    I have been using skyraider along with Kings#6 as seen in my signature area . also not quite maxed out with SetCpu and scoring in the 1400's on benchmark once in the 1500's. I have it Set with SetCpu and screen saving , and battery saving profile set up .
    On just the stock battery I had great battery . I have "Myn's Rom" I might try next maybe paired with "Chads Kernal" .But sticking with what I got a little while more

PS: and keeping an eye on this one : Incredible Gingerbread OMGB v6
    01-02-2011 09:04 AM
    awesome thread..... but needs to be updated a lot... if you're not up to it why not let someone else take it over?
    01-07-2011 09:26 AM
    awesome thread..... but needs to be updated a lot... if you're not up to it why not let someone else take it over?
    These type of threads are almost impossible to consistently update. Trust me I know, I did this for the droid and it became harder and harder to keep up. Plus it is better to update every few weeks this way only stable roms are posted.

Anybody else looking forward to the new warm rom also chingy's rom release today? Warm is supposed to be out today. Chingy's is a possibility for today.

01-07-2011 10:14 AM
    I'll put this as nicely as possible.

I put a lot of work into making this thread. It takes a lot of work to update it. Above being a forum member I am a father, a husband, and a U.S. Marine. Due to the holidays I haven't had a lot of time to update this but believe me when I say I'm trying my best. I have Mods helping me and even they have busy lives to tend to. If I am not meeting your standards I apologize and can only recommend that you get your hack fix somewhere else. For those that can wait, I appreciate your patience and reward it with only the best updates and a neat, clean setup that everyone can navigate through. In my op's I state that if you have any suggestions to better this thread, please share them with me. I also ask that you share your opinions on the Roms and post pics. Instead I get a bunch of you need to update this. But beyond complaining too much I will continue providing my services until someone tells me I can't or stops me.

For all others, thank you for your support.
    01-07-2011 03:47 PM
    Thanks for this rom/kernal/theme thread it helps me alot
    01-07-2011 04:27 PM
    We just need to all add to this thread and share our experiences with different roms we used/just flashed. To be honest guys, this should be more about discussing the newest and craziest rom. Use trey's OP as a guide line as well as a source of options available to assist you with picking what rom to flash as well as mod.

Lets move on and turn this thread into everything I liked about the droid rom lockerroom. Sick roms, great conversation, cool people, good advice and user feedback about the roms they are using.

01-07-2011 04:29 PM
    I have been using Warm Z TwoPointTwo By Incubus26Jc Beta2 for the day today and it seems really stable. I almost forgot how much I like the new Sense since I haven't tried a Z Rom in awhile. All widgets work in landscape and the transition is quick. Here is a pick of the home screen in landscape

Link to Z Rom

I'm running with the Ziggy kernel that came with the Rom and only issues are the normal Rom Z issues and 720p video recording.

FYI Myns just released RLS5 with many updated apps and new themes. I'm going to try this one tonight.

RLS5
    01-07-2011 05:13 PM
    Here are some pic's from RLS5 themed market and gmail. So far after less then an hour without wiping (coming from RLS4) no problems.

01-07-2011 06:28 PM
    rls 5 looks really nice. I think Incubus's Z-rom looks amazing but I really like having the power controls in the notification pull down. I don't really like the task manager in there at all but different strokes for different folks.
    01-07-2011 06:31 PM
    Brett..I've think I've read a few things about some limitations with all the Z-roms. You know them off the top of your head?

I loaded up rls5 and don't know what to say other than it's just a flat out good looking rom.
    01-08-2011 12:57 AM
    Tried OMGB today. Really nice. Some bugs and app issues but overall really nice. Can't wait for it to be fully finished and debuged.
    01-08-2011 05:21 PM
    Brett..I've think I've read a few things about some limitations with all the Z-roms. You know them off the top of your head?

I loaded up rls5 and don't know what to say other than it's just a flat out good looking rom.
    The 2 most common issues with the Z roms are:

1- Almost all of them (post flashing) do not allow you to access the internal memory. I think the devs have created a work around but it is still a pain in the butt to have to do some sort of additional work in order to access the on-board memory. This is strictly a software issue and not the fault of the devs themselves. I am sure that it will be fixed soon without anything additional needed to be done.

2- (very minor) The dial pad in the phone app seems to be giving people problems when pressing certain numbers. The you will hear the key-dial tone but it will not register that the number was dialed. This seems to be fixed by turning off the sound of the dial pad or you can set it so that tone length is longer (ex. instead of it sounding like "beep" it will sound like "beeeep".

Right now I am debating on flashing rls 5 but I have been holding off due to the soon (not clear eta) release of Chingy's Re-engineered Incredible rom. I have his current release running on my DInc and am satisfied until the new release is out. Though if I do not hear anything regarding Chingy's rom being released today or tomorrow then I will flash Myn's rls 5. I'm just lazy and do not feel like signing into my main accounts that aren't restored through titanium back-up, such a PITA haha.

Tried OMGB today. Really nice. Some bugs and app issues but overall really nice. Can't wait for it to be fully finished and debuged.
    Yeah this should be nice but I don't think it will be released as a stable build until there is an official release of Gingerbread on another device that isn't the Nexus S. Cyanogen will probably get a solid release candidate out before a manufacturer pushes out an update.
    01-08-2011 05:43 PM
    I would recommend trying Warm Z Rom most of the bugs have easy work around like the dial pad and it is able to mount the sdcard, the phone will reboot while doing it bit at least it works. I tried Omgb too and it is good but warm z seemed a little better.

Brett if you have a backup of rls4 try flashing rls5 without wiping the only issue I had was it added any widget I had over the original one with a easy fix of dropping the second in the waste bin.
    Make sure you have a backup because it has a different frame work.
    01-08-2011 07:15 PM
    Someone mentioned Incredibly Re-engineered. The thing is smoking fast. Think I'll be sticking with this one for awhile. If a Desire-Z based rom was this fast and everything worked, I'd be extremely happy.
    01-09-2011 05:23 AM
    Just thought I would let you guys know that Chingy's incredible re-engineered 2.0 is now available. I'm downloading it and backing my apps up in titanium backup, then I will flash it and let you guys know how it is. I'm psyched for this release

Edit: okay it is flashed and running and I must say that so far I like it. I'm probably going to reboot to clear the memory since I just installed all of me backups and accounts so I'm sure the cache could be cleared. Although it is still running really smooth and I really like the theme Chingy chose. I'll post some screens in a few but the pics do not do it justice Haha.

Larry and whoever else: I highly recommend this one and it gets the "Brett stamp of approval" Haha
    01-09-2011 09:36 AM
    Here you guys go, a glance at my new favorite rom/theme:

There we go. I was having trouble posting them from my phone so I had to get up and go to my laptop.
    01-09-2011 11:07 AM
    Thanks for the info Brett.

You still running the same kernel you had with V1?
    01-09-2011 11:42 AM
    Thanks for the info Brett.

You still running the same kernel you had with V1?
    The one that come stock with the rom is the stock htc kernel which runs really good. I literally just flashed the most recent ziggy bfs kernel without a bootloop but I will report back on stability and performance once I get some real use with it running for about few hours.

01-09-2011 12:09 PM
316 ... 23456 ...