03-08-2011 08:42 AM
316 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Thanks for the screen shots and feedback I will be giving it a try later today. Currently had to reinstall rls5 because I was having problems making backups in CW.
    I guess that's what I get for not wiping.
    01-09-2011 02:17 PM
    One thing you guys need to be aware of before you flash it is that at this point bluetooth does not work. For me that wasn't a deal breaker but for some it might.

aside from that I love this rom

Sent from my Droid Incredible because I'm too lazy to walk over to my computer.
    01-09-2011 03:20 PM
    Yeah this should be nice but I don't think it will be released as a stable build until there is an official release of Gingerbread on another device that isn't the Nexus S. Cyanogen will probably get a solid release candidate out before a manufacturer pushes out an update.
    I've been working with r2 on OMGB (now OMFGB) and it is looking great code wise. Thats really all i would like to discolse there :P

And my 2.3 AOSP rom coming within the hour on twitter and Gtalk, and maybe tomorrow here.
    01-09-2011 07:37 PM
    Joined up to say thanks and give back in the form of input.

Been trying out various roms over the past few weeks (longest thus far is OMGB). Started using Incredibly Re-engineered this morning and I have yet to find something I don't like.

I'm not the most advanced user yet (only owned my Dinc since the beginning of December), but I know what I like. Good theme, nice dock. Would rather have rotary unlock screen, but not a deal breaker. Fast as I've found thus far especially since I flashed hydra kernel OC back on. Bluetooth is not important to me, and all of my apps work fine. Definitely recommend it.

Edit: Font is a bit on the thin side, any way to change that?
    01-10-2011 06:50 PM
    Joined up to say thanks and give back in the form of input.

Been trying out various roms over the past few weeks (longest thus far is OMGB). Started using Incredibly Re-engineered this morning and I have yet to find something I don't like.

I'm not the most advanced user yet (only owned my Dinc since the beginning of December), but I know what I like. Good theme, nice dock. Would rather have rotary unlock screen, but not a deal breaker. Fast as I've found thus far especially since I flashed hydra kernel OC back on. Bluetooth is not important to me, and all of my apps work fine. Definitely recommend it.

Edit: Font is a bit on the thin side, any way to change that?
    Check the first few posts in that thread. I don't know if there is a lock screen mod, there is a file that you can flash to change the font. Also I think there are apps that you can download that will flash your choice of font from its list.

I'm on myn's rls 5 right now and I like it, just not as much as the re-engineered rom. I just got my bluetooth in the mail (which I'm psyched about) and needed a rom that has a working bluetooth. I also flashed the file to remove the data throttle governor.

01-10-2011 10:58 PM
    anyone else having issues with MIUI force closing a bunch of processes?
    01-11-2011 06:11 PM
    Updated for your Rom'ing pleasure!
    mclarryjr likes this.
    01-11-2011 06:20 PM
    anyone else having issues with MIUI force closing a bunch of processes?
    I haven't tried MIUI in a few weeks but never had any force closes that I can remember. Did you wipe before installing? or restore all apps with data? that would cause FCing.
    01-11-2011 06:38 PM
    Incredibly Re-Engineered was updated to V2.20......bluetooth is working now. I know its been talked about a few times here, but it is a very nice rom.
    01-17-2011 07:35 PM
    Yea, it is a really nice rom. Haven't found any other to make me switch.
    01-17-2011 09:14 PM
    Anyone know where I can get different rosie icons with Warm TwoPointTwo?
    01-18-2011 03:54 AM
    Myns has a bunch of mods listed in hes second or third post over on XDA but I'm assuming you all ready checked there.
    01-18-2011 07:35 AM
    Myn's warm rom is really nice but trey you need to try Chingy's re-engineered rom. Its by far my current favorite. The theme is nice and someone finally created the un-throttled data zip which I love.

Is it me or are the Z roms over-rated? I'm not a fan of them at all. They are somewhat buggy and just aren't as smooth. I tried incubus's z rom over the weekend and it lasted less than a day on my device.

01-18-2011 10:01 AM
    I have tried a few of the Z roms and my favorite of them is MynsZ which seems to be getting better with each new release. IMO Myns seems to be smoother running then most other none Z roms I just end up switching back because they don't have all the mods and themes. I tend to get a much higher Quad score on the Z roms which I know doesn't mean a lot.
    01-18-2011 10:28 AM
    Idk. Although the quad scores are higher I was experiencing lag. I love the features but it didn't function correctly. Im still waiting for Virus to release his official port of the virus z rom. Did anybody see the drama between mark (the guy who ported the virus rom) and Virus himself? Mark was very childish if ask me

01-18-2011 11:08 AM
    glad to hear a lot of people here are enjoying my rom. if you havnt already go and grab 2.20. BT and internal storage was fixed!
    01-18-2011 01:07 PM
    Oh wow, the man himself. yes we do. It runs great and with the recent bluetooth fix it is near flawless. thanks for your efforts with this rom.

01-18-2011 02:23 PM
    Oh wow, the man himself. yes we do. It runs great and with the recent bluetooth fix it is near flawless. thanks for your efforts with this rom.

thanks bud. =) just wait a week or so. hoping to come out with tons of mods. really everything imaginable. just gotta find the time =)
    01-18-2011 03:11 PM
    Myns has a bunch of mods listed in hes second or third post over on XDA but I'm assuming you all ready checked there.
    Yes I did, didn't care for them too much. I like the entire bottom dock and not the smaller one.

While all these new Roms look nice, I still haven't updated to any of them because Myn's Rom version 4 has been perfect for me.
    01-18-2011 05:17 PM
    thanks bud. =) just wait a week or so. hoping to come out with tons of mods. really everything imaginable. just gotta find the time =)
    Any hints? I will be looking forward to these.

01-18-2011 10:42 PM
    I want to flash MIUI but UK sure there are some known bugs that I'm not catching. Anything I should know before I do?
    01-19-2011 01:15 AM
    Its been a few weeks since I flashed MIUI but I can't think of any bugs that require any pre work before flashing.
    01-19-2011 05:12 PM
    I want to flash MIUI but UK sure there are some known bugs that I'm not catching. Anything I should know before I do?
    Which one are you flashing? There are minor issues with them all, but largely dependent on which version.
    01-20-2011 12:14 AM
    I wasn't able to find the Desire Z ROM, I kept getting a 404 error- source not found. I just flashed cyanogen 6.1, but I think I want to try the Desire ROM more, can you help me find it?
    01-21-2011 10:32 AM
    I got your message. Just click on the source link. The source link will always take you to the website where I pulled the download file. I did it this way for a number of reasons. To save you guys some steps, provide you a link in case you wanted to check out the original thread for whatever reason, and give credit to the creator. Good luck and thank you using the HQ :-)
    01-21-2011 02:29 PM
316 ... 34567 ...